Career Level Manager
1st line support engineer
As a 1st line Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing remote support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. Your responsibilities include accepting, managing, and resolving incidents raised either by the telephone or through our Ticket System.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the proactive maintenance of customers’ networks, making full use of the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) systems in place.
You will ensure that issues and requests are responded to within the agreed SLA, helping to maximise the KPI’s individually and for the department.
As the first point of contact for any customer enquiry, you must operate with high end customer service, by providing a consultative approach along with a clear concise and professional manner.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
* Answer support telephone calls and e-mails directly from the customer and work to a target of first time fix of all issues
* Record all works within CT’s ticketing system ensuring that regular updates are placed on all assigned open tickets
* Prioritise and categorise tickets to provide efficient progression
* Ticket ownership end-to-end throughout its life cycle
* Escalate issues via System Support team in a timely manner
* Logging calls with 3rd party companies
* Work to the contracted SLA’s, escalating potential failures to the System Support/Team Leader in a timely manner
* Provide recommendations for network/system improvements to the Account Manager
* Checking backups and escalating repeat failures to team leader
* Proactively identify issues before they arise as well as identifying any recurring tickets (i.e.) problems
* Aid in the creation and management of a technical Knowledgebase
* Working closely with the System Support/Team Leader to increase technical knowledge and understanding of the business environment
* Follow processes to provide a consistent approach to customer service
* Work to the agreed KPI’s set (individual/team)
* Deal with other issues or requests required by the business
* 1st Line Support Engineer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent