Career Level Manager
2nd Line Support Technician
IT Technician, 2nd Line
Field and Desk Based Peterborough
Peterborough and surrounding areas
**Technology’s Best Companies To Work For, 2022**
**Best Companies Index, Top Ten, 2022**
Do you want to join a quickly growing, outstanding MSP which has recently gained recognition for being one of the best UK Small Technology Companies to work for?
If you are a confident and capable 2nd Line Support Technician who thrives on the challenge of travelling to client sites and trouble-shooting network and IT problems, then we would really like to hear from you.
We are an ‘Investors In People – Gold’ organisation, meaning we place high value on the well being and job satisfaction for every member of the team.
What do our 2nd Line Support Technician and consultants do?
* Make regular visits to client schools to provide effective on-site responses to a range of IT networking and end user support requests
* Use robust and developing knowledge to support across IT services and technologies, including Microsoft, Google and Apple platforms
* Process and escalate incoming requests for support both on site and remotely via the helpdesk
* Participate in project work at client sites, with the potential for developing the direction and scope of these projects in the future
* Work closely with our expert Account Managers to provide holistic technical support and consultancy for valued clients in schools.
What skills should you have?
* Around 3 years’ demonstrable experience in IT support services or consultancy
* Practical working knowledge of firewalls and HP Aruba switches in the Education or Public sectors ideally
* Windows AD, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure AD,
* MS InTune device management
* Well-developed network troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of LAN & WAN technologies
* Some VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V experience (desirable)
* Some experience in recent Microsoft Server (Apply online only) builds
* Experience with Google Workspace For Education (desirable)
* Relevant certification in Networking (e.g., CCNA) and/or Microsoft
We are recognised by the prestigious ‘Investors in People’ accreditation service as a ‘Gold’ standard company. What does this mean? That we are committed to investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff and have recognised structures in place to support progress and self-fulfilment at work.
What staff benefits are there?
* A Best Small UK Technology Company, Top 10 (Best Companies Index)
* Annual Profit Share scheme after 12 months
* Annual Birthday leave automatically granted
* Annual salary review
* Contributory pension scheme
* Fun team building and company events
* Funded training opportunities
* Eye care vouchers
Computeam is dedicated to treating each and every applicant equally. We encourage diversity, inclusion and actively promote this ideology within our communications and policies.
Please take a moment to check out our Core Values; we seek like-minded people to work alongside. Maybe our values support your ideals and objectives?
Passion – truly engage with our aim and believe in the transformational power of IT in society
Purpose – make your actions purposeful and positive
People – collaborate with the team to support and develop on a peer-to-peer basis
Proud – demonstrate pride in the role you are doing and how this will impact better outcomes in education
What are the hours and working patterns?
40 hours a week between 8am – 5.30pm
Monday – Friday
Predominantly school site visits, some work from home, visits to the regional Head Office
Computeam Pay Scale
Grade 3: IT Consultant – Desk & Field Based, 2nd Line Support Technician
£23,000 – £28,000 per annum (full time)
Mileage expenses reimbursement (own car essential and full driving licence)
Laptop and phone
Work uniform polo shirt & fleece
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
* Additional leave
* Company events
* Company pension
* Profit sharing
* Referral programme
* Sick pay