Career Level Manager
We require an experienced Application Support Engineer to join our already established, fast-paced, customer-facing Service Desk team which provides ITSM and ITAM services in an AWS environment. The team is both in-house and external customer facing.
This is a hybrid role of 3 days on site in our Support office in Sunninghill, Ascot, and 2 days remote.
This role may require occasional out of hours working on a rota basis.
* 1st and 2nd line Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
* Work collaboratively with 3rd line infrastructure engineers and software developers
* Execute and evolve support processes and runbooks
* Administration and maintenance of all end user devices and software
* Process improvement and automation in respect of ITIL, ISO27001
Experience and Skills:
* 5+ years of experience in a similar ITIL ITSM Support Desk/Analyst role
* Understanding of ITIL practices
* Experience of evaluating and evolving ways of working, particularly with respect to ITIL
* Jira Service Desk, Service Now and/or similar
* Experience of supporting bespoke web applications and APIs
* Working knowledge of SQL Databases
* Attending and contributing to bridge calls
* Attending and contributing to CSAT calls and CSAT reporting, such as score cards
* Interpreting stack traces generated by software written in languages including JavasScript, Java, Python
* Conducting RCAs, particularly in using alarms, logs, metrics, HTTP responses as investigation inputs
* Executing and extending written and diagrammatic support documentation, such as Known Error Databases, flow diagrams and runbooks
* AWS IAM
* AWS CloudWatch, CloudWatch Alarms
* Grafana, ELK stack, Prometheus
* Windows 11 administration, MacOS administration
* Sound working knowledge of supporting standard IT hardware and equipment
* Sound working knowledge of networking, DNS
* ITILv4 Foundation certified (or greater)
* Experience working within an ISO27001 environment
* Scripting ability in Python, Bash, PowerShell or similar
* Working with NoSQL databases (Create, Read, Update, Delete records)
* Administering MDM software against a mixed Windows and MacOS estate
You will need to be self-organising, and self-directing, and be comfortable in juggling competing priorities.
You will be good at remaining calm under pressure and have a resilient, proactive, and positive attitude
You will be able to think logically and demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
You will need to be willing to go the extra mile to achieve important goals
You must be a clear and calm communicator with exemplary written and oral English skills – this is critical for the role
The Computing Distribution Group (CDG) is a UK onshore pay-as-you-go Software Development consultancy.
We specialise in the development, delivery and 24/7/365 first/second/third line support of private and hybrid cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), DevOps-as-a-Service and Progressive Web Applications (PWA).
Since 2008, we have been supplying managed services to a diverse portfolio of clients across various sectors including finance, health, online B2B/B2C commerce and government