Career Level Manager
AREA SALES MANAGER (UK)
This well established and market-leading manufacturer of capital equipment and consumable products is recruiting for an ambitious and driven Area Sales Manager to join their expanding team. With a hybrid workplace, this role can be office based at the Manchester head office or home-based anywhere in the UK.
Working closely with the Commercial & Technical Director and Product Manager, you will be developing the sales of the liquid filter cartridge product range across the UK and driving the hunt for new business. The company has an enviable reputation and you'll become part of a profitable and secure manufacturer which has been established over 40 years. Industries served include but not exclusive are Food & Beverage, Chemical and Industrial (water)
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to build a career within a stable, well-established, thriving business with a solid plan for ongoing growth. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £50k + bonus + benefits package + ongoing career development.
This role provides the fantastic opportunity to work for a company who..
– Have been established for over 40 years and are considered the UK’s leading manufacturer within their field
– Have an international presence as well as 3 UK based facilities
– Remain privately owned with a growth plan of 10% year on year
In this brand new role, the Area Sales Manager will create, develop and consult with new customers with a particular focus on the development of the filter cartridge business, but encompassing all of the company’s range of products, including filter bags, vessels, and fabricated stainless-steel items.
* To have excellent knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing sector and process industries
* Be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and a successful track record in sales
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close deals
* An ability to form strong, long-lasting relationships with customers and use this to leverage sales growth for the company
* Adaptability and flexibility when dealing with all levels of stakeholders at both existing customers and new prospects
* Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and when submitting reports
* Be able to articulate all aspects of the technical and commercial characteristics of our product line to a variety of contact points within a client’s organisation
* Communicate and liaise collaboratively with colleagues at all levels from the Directors to the shop floor.
* Strong commercial judgement with a commercial acumen
* Maintain and report on a high-quality sales pipeline in line with the company’s growth expectations
* Focussed on achieving and surpassing sales targets with a real hunger to win new business
* Contacting and visiting both new clients who might benefit from company products and maximising client potential
* To be the key point of contact for clients and provide them with pre-sales technical assistance, product education and after-sales support
* To build, develop and maintain effective relationships with key customers and key contacts
* Introduce new products to your customer base when required
* Persuading clients that a product best satisfies their needs in terms of design, quality, price and delivery
* Making technical presentations and demonstrating how our product line meets client needs
* Producing client quotations, following up and managing client accounts
* Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements
* Preparing sales reports when required
* Meeting sales targets and coordinating sales projects
* Reporting competitor activity.
The successful Area Sales Manager will undoubtedly be a self-starter with the desire to take ownership of this key role.
You will also demonstrate competencies by reference to relevant experience gained in the manufacturing and process industries. Experience in wet filtration and specifically liquid filter cartridge filtration is an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to build a career within a stable, well-established, thriving business with a solid plan for ongoing growth. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £50k + bonus + Benefits + ongoing career development + hybrid workplace-based from home or the office.
If you wish to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please use the ‘apply now’ button or call (phone number removed) for further details.
BE Engineering Ltd is a relationship-driven recruiting partnership offering a confidential and personalised career service throughout the UK. We are interested to hear from high calibre professionals across all areas of engineering and manufacturing who are looking for their next progression. Our highly motivated and quality driven consultancy will work to connect you with the very best opportunities in the market. Contact us on (phone number removed)