Career Level Manager
Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40 hours per week, Mondays – Fridays.
The role will be based at Donald Ward House, Ilkeston.
WARD offer metal & waste recycling to homes and businesses throughout the UK – from skip hire and car recycling through to nationwide projects.
We are currently recruiting for a Bid Writer to report directly to the Head of Purchasing Metals with responsibility for the company’s bidding function and coordinating the company’s tender process from conception to completion. The role purpose is to explore new and existing opportunities and create new relationships with clients. The role will be supported by the wider sales and purchasing teams and will work across all divisions.
* Take a lead role in the production and submission of high-quality bids – including Expressions of Interest (EOIs), Pre-Qualification Questionnaire’s (PQQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Selection Questionnaires (SQs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs).
* Oversee commercial and operational negotiations and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
* Update and control bid library for future use – ensuring documents are uploaded onto SharePoint, organised and the latest versions are always available.
* Manage and co-ordinate end-to-end bid practices with the ability to support all aspects of tenders including responses, operations, commercial, etc.
* Communicate regularly with the teams on progress, reviewing of tenders, market activity and client feedback.
* Manage all tender portals, ensuring the receipt of all opportunities against agreed set criteria and that these are kept up to date.
* Using analytical skills on submissions to further development future tenders.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
A good team player with the ability to communicate professionally and confidentially whilst being friendly and approachable. The role requires good negotiation skills and ability to co-ordinate across multiple divisions and roles.
Bid Management expertise is required across all stages of the bid process with a successful record of accomplishment.
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
The role will be based within the sales and purchasing office as part of the team, however national travel to Ward and customer sites will be required.
* Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
* Refer a friend scheme
* Continuous training and development opportunities
* Employee assistance programme
* Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?