Career Level Manager
Are you passionate about helping clients solve their business problems using Public Cloud?
Are you looking for real ownership on projects and to get under the skin of clients’ biggest areas to support?
We’re looking for talented Cloud Architects who want to take the next step in their career and join our Cloud Centre of Excellence team.
We’re an innovative tech consultancy – a team of problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
We bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for our people.
About the Role
As a BJSS Cloud Architect you’ll lead by example and demonstrate the art of the possible.
You’ll be a technical authority at the centre of our engagements, managing technical risk and creating real business value.
You’ll be willing to be hands-on when you need to be and seek to balance innovation and intellectual rigour with realism.
You will work with a talented, innovative and creative cloud team to make the right cloud technology choices for our clients and will also draw on your creative talent to contribute to our cloud accelerators.
You will work with some of the biggest companies in the UK and help them shape their Cloud architecture and shape our future Cloud roadmap. This involves telling compelling stories about the case for change, defining the goals and objectives as well as selecting the strategies to meet those objectives, including a supporting business case.
BJSS Cloud Architects are thought leaders, keen to share their thoughts on the latest trends either digitally or in person. They are trusted advisors at the C-suite level adept at using their knowledge to ensure our clients maximise their use of technology.
You’ll bring extensive experience gained through a combination of industry and consulting roles. You will be comfortable developing and strengthening peer-to-peer level relationships at all levels with our clients.
You’ll have the following experience:
* Experience within a cloud architecture environment or as an internal consultant or advisor in a cloud service provider, advising on cloud architecture and technologies, preferably across multiple industries. You should have the ability to implement your designs through code as well so its important to have In-depth understanding of one or more of the major cloud vendor services and have attained the following certifications or similar:
* Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
* Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
* AWS Certified: Solutions Architect
* HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate
Technical Skills Required:
* In depth understanding of AWS, Azure GCP , SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Docker/Containers, Infrastructure as Code
* Agile delivery experience
* Understanding of Hybrid cloud, Multicloud and networking
* Understanding of Security, API Management and Data Management
* Software skills including C#.NET, PHP, Python, Perl, Assembler, COBOL, CICS and experience of OS such as UNIX, Linux, Windows, .NET, J2EE, SOA, ESB, MQ
You will have a keen interest in tracking the latest trends and technologies, able to translate these into architecture that deliver real business benefits
* Experience of business development activities and developing client accounts
* Outstanding managerial or professional achievements
* Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
* Strong record of leadership
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Comfortable working effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
* Adept at communicating complex ideas effectively
* You have the expertise and confidence to work with a range of partners across diverse business and technology communities.
* You have energy and a pragmatic delivery-focused attitude that wins the respect of those around you and makes you a trusted technical advisor.
* You love technology and want to keep on learning. You’re genuinely interested in understanding the challenges your users face and how you can help them.
Some of the Perks
A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
Industry leading health and wellbeing plan – we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and more
Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
An industry-leading referral scheme
Flexible holiday buy/sell option
Electric vehicle scheme
GymFlex gym membership programme
Please note: any applicants must be able to gain valid SC clearance