Career Level Manager
To provide technical support to our international client base, distributors, users and operators. A customer facing role that requires a broad-based technical understanding of our products, the underlying technology and its application. To assist with technical sales and product training.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Supporting customers through remote diagnosis and deciding strategies on how to proceed with repairs/support.
* Learn about company products and applications, to be able to communicate complex systems and theories to clients and users.
* Provide customer training both in-house and at customer sites.
* Liaising with the Engineering department to provide continuous feedback in order to improve product design and reliability.
* Working through a list of prioritised support tickets to provide an efficient and professional service to end users.
* Supporting field services, in a ‘hands-on’ role that may require international travel.
* Provide the sales team with technical support on company products and applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Engineering, Science degree, or equivalent
* Good background of maths and physics
* Problem solving mind-set
* Good understanding of scientific and technical English
* Computer literate
* Experience in a research environment.
* Familiarity with sampling theory and cybernetics (control theory).
* Interest in Earth Science
* Knowledge of Windows, Linux and networking (IP / Wi-Fi / GSM / serial).
* Knowledge of programming in in a well-known language.
* Experience of providing support externally to an international client base.
Demonstrable Character Traits
* High level problem solving ability
* Logical thinker
* Excellent communication skills, both internally and with customers
* Proactive, self-motivated and organised.
* A strong willingness to learn and develop
* Energetic and self-motivated
* Able to manage multiple priorities under pressure
* Can work both independently or within a team
* Unbounded enthusiasm