Career Level Manager
Purpose of the job: Assist the manager to provide safe, high quality education and care for early years children. To fulfil legal and statutory requirements. To assist the manager to lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis. To contribute to and to implement early years policies. To ensure that all statutory, legal and setting obligations are followed and met.
Safeguarding requirement: Fountain Montessori Pre-school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
1. To assist the manager to take responsibility for drawing up long-term, medium-term and sessional curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the Montessori Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), and to monitor the effectiveness of the setting’s curriculum; this may include working with external professionals.
2. To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
3. Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
4. To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
5. To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
6. To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
7. To support meal times within the setting.
8. To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
9. To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
10. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them