Career Level Manager
DevOps Cloud Engineer
We are seeking to recruit a DevOps Cloud Engineer / Senior Software Engineer to join our product development team. This opportunity will see you working directly with the Head of Engineering, offering an exciting opportunity to bring your ideas and innovations to the forefront of our IoT product range and newly marketed IoT services.
In this role you will be operating at the cutting edge of technology, delivering to our ambitious business plan commitments, developing our proprietary Cloud platform and subscription services. You will be empowered with directional freedom within your role, adding instant value and developing an ever-growing team of industry leaders.
What You Will Do:
* Take ownership and drive ongoing refinement of our continual IOT software development including continual integration (CI) and continual deployment (CD), standards, processes, release schedules, tools & product lifecycle management and new product integration.
* Ensure that software solutions integrate at a systems level and are delivered to agreed scope, schedule, and budget.
* Mentor and develop, a small team of embedded IoT/software engineers and System Engineers.
* Champion the writing of well documented, maintainable code and platforms for use in development and in production environments.
* Champion design reviews and act as the system design authority for responsible projects.
* Originate and contribute to the culture of innovation, both from a technical/engineering perspective and in process/operation.
* Collaborate with other product design disciplines, such as electronics and embedded software engineers.
Skills & Experience:
* Can provide evidence and experience delivering high level software.
* Have knowledge of cloud infrastructures and IoT platforms, monolithic and microservices (AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE Cloud, Thingsboard, Kubernetes, Kaftka, SQL Databases).
* Developed experience mentoring team members and delivering strategic projects.
* Have an appreciation of subscription/billing services or wider business integration tools.
* Have a deep understanding of software development, software lifecycle processes and tool chains (Git, Jenkins, SVN, CI & CD etc).
* Had exposure or appreciation of electronics and embedded systems.
* Have a ‘can-do’ mentality, a team player, and good oral and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
* You’re Innovative, ambitious, always looking for opportunities to improve, with a problem solving and analytical mind.
* Have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team, and willing to challenge the status quo.
* You’re a keen technical enthusiast, and keep up to date with industry trends and technologies.
We offer an attractive basic salary, plus a benefit package including 20 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years), a performance related bonus, flexible working, employer backed pension and healthcare schemes. In addition to that we offer a thriving work environment just a stones throw away from the booming city of Manchester, with relaxed communal areas, table tennis, table football and regular team building events.
Our talented engineers design and invent innovative products and sub-systems that truly differentiate our customers’ products. Operating in the UK, USA, and Malaysia for more than 80 years, we have sales in more than 30 countries and a worldwide network of Sales Executives, Distributor Partners and strategically located operations
Other jobs you may like
Electrical Support Engineer – Unique role
- @ JobPloy Solutions Jobs
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire