Career Level Manager
Sue Ross Legal are working with a Sheffield based leading law firm for the recruitment of a Dispute Resolution Solicitor. You will be expected to run a caseload consisting of Contentious probate, Property Disputes, Contract Disputes and professional negligence.
* Providing written advice to clients
* Maintaining proper diary systems i.e. court and tribunal dates, limitation dates and timetables set by courts/tribunals
* Producing documents and instructions and obtain expert reports
* Negotiating settlements with other parties
* Attending court alone or with counsel, and conduct own advocacy where appropriate
* Briefing counsel
* Submitting interim and final bills on a regular basis
* Liaising with insurers
* Dealing with ledger print outs for files and closing files
* Checking and actioning files for review
* Meet chargeable time and financial targets, as agreed with the Head of Civil Litigation
* Attending meetings and training sessions, where relevant to general casework
To be considered for this role, you must have experience dealing with a varied caseload of Dispute Resolution matters. Ideally the successful candidate will be 3+ PQE, however this is just a guideline, and candidates who are more experienced are still encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing firm; You will be expected to build and develop own caseload of civil litigation matters and participate in the marketing of the department.
* Voluntary benefits e.g., Westfield Health scheme, cycle to work scheme, staff savings scheme
* Generous holiday entitlement (30 days annual leave plus stats
* Flexi time scheme, with the ability to take up to 4 flex days each year
* Contributory pension scheme
* Group Life Assurance (death in service) – after 2 years
* STAR (Special Thanks and Recognition) award
* Training and development opportunities
* Contractual Sick Pay Entitlement
* Contractual Maternity Pay Entitlement
* Recruitment Bonus Payments
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the Northwest and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment