Career Level Manager
Orwell Offshore Ltd
Orwell Offshore is a leading firm of Naval Architects and Offshore Engineers providing marine and mooring solutions for the offshore industries. The Company was founded in 2006 and has grown to approximately 50 employees with offices in the UK, Singapore and Nigeria.
Orwell Offshore has an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller to join our busy team working on a variety of projects within the Oil and Gas Industry. This role will be based at our Ipswich office, UK.
* Setup project folder tree across various network drives and archive data once the project has been completed in accordance with established procedures.
* Setup projects on the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) and create review teams, deliverable placeholders, and setup reports.
* Create and issue EDMS credentials for new users and effectively manage the workflow within the EDMS – following up on any overdue tasks.
* Create, update, and maintain the Master Document Registers for each project alongside the corporate Master Document Register.
* Issue and control deliverable numbers in accordance with established procedures.
* Update and distribute internal templates.
* Check, transmit, and file deliverables and comment sheets internally and externally in line with established company procedures.
* Ensure the project team is compliant with the established Document Control process.
* Induct new employees on the Document Control system and provide support/advice on the presentation/formatting of deliverables in accordance with established standards.
* Attend Kick-Off Meetings with Clients and Suppliers to establish documentation requirements and expectations.
* Manage deliverable submission dates internally and externally, expediting deliverables when overdue.
* Build relationships with Client and Supplier Document Controllers.
* Drive continual improvement.
* The role may require additional responsibilities to be fulfilled as the Company needs.
* Awareness and understanding of ISO 9001:2015.
* Experience in Document Control within an engineering construction and environment, or willing to learn and undertake training.
* Experience in using EDMS’.
* Strong IT skills, particularly Office 365 and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
* Attention to detail and effective time management.
* Self-motivated, proactive in approach and remains calm under pressure.
* Ability to work effectively within a small team and excellent communication skills.
* Ability to build strong relationships with the Senior Management Team.
* Mentoring skills and willingness to train junior members of staff.
* Company Pension Scheme
* Personal Life Insurance
* Annual leave of 26 days exclusive of recognised Bank Holidays
* Company Bonus Scheme
* On-site parking
* Friday 13:00 finish
If you would love to join and be part of a great team as a Document Controller – Apply today