Career Level Manager
RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Public Safety are currently recruiting on behalf of our policing client based in Warwickshire for an Enterprise Architect to develop and govern architecture including the domains of business, information, applications and infrastructure.
This is a full time, permanent role offering remote working with 1-2 days in the office and a salary of £85,000-£110,000 per annum.
* Deliver a prioritised, complex programme of work, identifying dependencies across the force and regional portfolios. Design secure and resilient technical and business architectures aligned to the digital strategy for all major change initiatives.
* Produce and maintain all aspects of IT specification, including the overall designs, architectures, topologies and configurations of the infrastructure, environments, applications and data and the design documentation of all IT systems.
* Translate logical designs into physical designs, taking account of business requirements, target environments, processes, performance requirements, existing systems and services and any potential security- related aspects.
* Interface with designers and planners from external suppliers and service providers.
* Take full responsibility for the design aspects of all stages of the lifecycle of IT systems creating cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, business cases, Statements of Requirements, ITTs and development plans, taking account of design decisions.
* Provide advice and guidance to non-Enterprise Architecture delivered initiatives within the Architecture Team, acting as a consultant to local technical managers on more complex initiatives.
* Play a key role in the evaluation of change through the change process, evaluating proposals, advising on risk, complexity and uncertainty and applicability of existing technology or solutions.
* Provide technical advice and guidance to staff on relevant national and international standards, regulations, protocols and tariffs.
* Build relationships with Senior Stakeholders and Functional Process owners.
* Ensure that nationally delivered programmes are understood and communicated within the department.
* Ensure the performance of your team is maintained through well- designed processes enabling high work throughput and a high-achieving culture. Take responsibility for ensuring workload is prioritised, monitored and is actively managed within and between teams to deliver against department SLAs, KPIs and project timescales.
* Advocate and support the enterprise’s technology landscape.
* Review IT costs against external service providers, new developments and new services, initiating proposals to change IT design where appropriate cost reductions and benefits can be achieved, in consultation with Financial Management and Service Delivery colleagues.
* Analyse technology, industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
* Ensure that suppliers maintain both technical documentation and architectural diagrams, working closely with the Service Manager.
* Oversee the decommissioning of retired solutions and any associated data retention.
* Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
* 7-10 years Architect experience.
* At least 3-5+ years as an EA or equivalent.
* TOGAF or other industry recognised certification.
* Ideally has been involved in establishing an EA practice setting standards and principles, writing strategy / creating patterns/design.
* Happy to deal with BAU tactical challenges.
* Previous Line management experience.
* ITIL Foundation.
* Police/Secure or Finance sector experience desirable.
* Consultancy background or other customer facing role is a bonus.
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Paul.Clissold@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Public Safety is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer