Career Level Manager
Job title: Family Law Solicitor
Salary: £23,000 – £50,000 DOE
Are you an experienced Family Law Solicitor looking for your next move? Maybe you’re an experienced Legal Executive or Paralegal looking for the next step up.
LHR are proud to be partnered with a Law firm with offices based in the North West. Established 15 years ago, they has quickly grown into one of the most accomplished and rapidly expanding law firms in the UK, with over 150 staff dedicated to achieving the best for their clients. As one of the most diverse solicitors in the country, our Client provides advice on a wide variety of cases from consulting on Employment Law and Litigation to Debt Recovery and providing sound advice.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Family Law Solicitor to become part of the team. You will be working competently as a Solicitor / Legal Executive in the Family Law Department, dealing with all aspects of Family Law cases from inception to completion.
Key duties of the Family Law Solicitor:
* To handle Private Family Law matters from the initial client contact through to completion;
* Find an appropriate solution for prospective Family Law clients and convert into new business for the firm;
* Handle a purely privately funded caseload of private law work including Ancillary Relief, Divorce, Finances, Separation, Injunctions, Civil Partnerships, Cohabitation Disputes, Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements, Children Act work.
* To provide accurate legal advice and assistance to the Firm’s existing clients, whilst developing your own client base;
* To utilise the Firm’s case management system to best effect in order to manage your case load;
* To record time and bill clients in line with agreed practice policy and charging rates;
* To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities;
* To exercise your initiative and be proactive in the business development of the Firm generally;
* To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements;
* To take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements;
The Successful Family Law Solicitor:
* Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with at least 3 years PQE
* Experience in aspects of Family law such as: Divorce, Children, Mediation, Financial matters, Collaborative law and Domestic Violence
* Legal Practise Course
* Law degree or equivalent law qualification
* Children's Panel membership (or working towards) would be an advantage, but is not essential
* Sound Analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills – both written & oral
* IT literate
What’s in it for you as a Family Law Solicitor:
* Company Pension
* Free onsite parking
* 21 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Corporate events
* Awards ceremonies
If you’re looking for your next opportunity in Family Law, this could be the role for you!
**Please note as part of the recruitment process you will be required to provide right to work documents. **
Only candidates that meet the required criteria will be contacted.
LHR acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. LHR is an Equal Opportunities Employer