Career Level Manager
Established in 2000, Modern Networks are a growing IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Internet Service Provider (ISP) specialising in providing services to the property management sector and commercial businesses nationwide. We work closely with our customers to deliver a wide range of IT services from endpoint technology to connectivity and telephony. We partner with market leading providers to deliver first class services and solutions.
We are currently looking for a Field Engineer to join our busy support team, to help support clients remotely and with field visits. You'll be supporting office IT systems including windows networks, associated cloud services, infrastructure and connectivity. The role will be split between working from home and supporting our customers on site (Nottingham / Derby / Birmingham / Leeds / Sheffield / Manchester). The ability to work independently is key to the role, but as you’ll find out when you join our Field Services team, you’ll never be ‘on your own’, our engineers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to share and support your growth. We’ve been growing rapidly and are looking for someone who's willing and able to grow with us. There is plenty of opportunity for progression within the role and the company itself so if you’re looking for that next step of your career then this role could be perfect for you.
What we're looking for:
* Providing high quality 1st and 2nd line support
* All aspects of Windows desktop & application support to
* All aspects of tablet and mobile device support
* Basic network troubleshooting incl. ping and traceroute.
* Administering Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server & Office 365.
* A desire to learn and further their skills by working towards industry recognised certifications
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* Extreme professionalism and personal presentation
* An ability to work independently and perform their own research
* Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage and prioritise their workload
* As this role is field based, it is a requirement to have a full UK driving licence.
What you’ll get from us
* Great prospects – once you’ve got to grips with our systems and processes, you’ll have the opportunity to progress with us. We love a success story – our Managing Director started with us as an engineer!
* Knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun colleagues
* A career with room for your personal life in a work environment where everyone knows the value of a healthy work-life-balance
* Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion – we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger.
* 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Active workplace committees (Social / Wellness)
Sounds like you?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for delivering a world class service, you will find a home at here at Modern. Or if you’re still not convinced, drop us a line at recruitment@modern-networks – we’ll arrange an informal chat about the role