Career Level Manager
Location: North West (Leyland)
Smart City Recruiters are currently looking to recruit a Fibre Flex Supervisor to be based out of our clients Leyland office, to work on their new FTTP projects within the Lancashire area of the North West.
The Purpose of this position is to ensure a scheduled programme of work is delivered on time, to budget in a safe, quality manner across all products. The Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operational duties of the field engineers (both supply chain and direct labour) and ensure quality service is being performed. They are also responsible for co-ordination, delegation, supervision & quality control of onsite works, including responsibility for performance.
As Supervisor, your duties & responsibilities will be:
* Demonstrate a structured and consistent approach to the Supervision of all Field Operatives across both Flex and Civils whether they are Direct Labour or Sub-Contractor resources.
* Responsible for ‘on the day’ delivery of all works within the project bid in a Safe, Quality and On Time manner.
* Identify areas for improvement at a supplier level providing feedback to the management team.
* Support the delivery of the business units KPI’s, identifying area for improvements.
* Stakeholder management within the customer base at operational level.
* Provide direction and governance through the supply chain to deliver improvements in line with any agreed streetworks, quality or safety improvement plans.
* Manage HA stakeholders and attend relevant streetworks meetings as and when required.
* Feedback risk to the management team in line with our KPI’s and strategy.
* Sponsor and support new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
* Working collaboratively & in line with policies
* Embed works mobile and whereabouts adherence with our supply chain.
* Ensure supplier resource, commitments are in place as per works volume, business critical items.
* Review quality of proposed fibre build designs identifying changes that can be made to improve efficiency and cost of build.
* Assess quality of paperwork returned from intrusive surveys. Challenging sub-standard returns and also highlighting alternative solutions that could be explored.
* Monitor progress of work throughout the fibre build highlighting risks to wider project team as they develop within the field.
* Provide coaching and support to delivery teams working in the field to ensure all works are to the latest quality standards as set out within Openreach build policy.
* Perform a final build audit ahead of structures being handed over to the customer highlighting any defects and working with wider project team to arrange remedial works to take place.
* Audit the light loss returns of all structures via the new OMNSI test system implemented by Openreach to ensure proper testing processes are being followed in the field.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
* A proven track record of working at a Senior Supervisory level within the Telecoms Industry or other similar utilities would be advantageous.
* Ability to provide management to field-based teams working remotely
* A basic understanding of both financial and commercial activities and dependencies.
* Ability to understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness.
* The ability to work collaboratively with Stakeholders both within the client arena and the supply chain.
* An ability to understand and operate within a process driven environment.
* NRSWA accredited
* A basic knowledge of fibre surveying is desirable
* Experience working on fibre builds at an operative level with N23 accreditation would be a great advantage.
For more information, please forward your up to date CV