Career Level Manager
Our client provides a wide range of dry ingredients solutions for the Food industry into the Irish market with international expansion planned beyond its current entry level.
The client is customer-focused, with an agile approach to customer service, and over two decades of successful business behind them. There is a clear focus on sustainability and health and wellness in their ingredients.
This role has arisen due to the upcoming plans of the current CEO and owner to take a step back from the day to day operation of the business. Therefore, an experienced Director level executive is being sought to take over in the newly created role of General Manager, reporting into the Board. The planned career progression for this role is to achieve specific targets within 12 months and at that point, step up to the role of CEO. Competency and familiarity across all areas of business management is required with a particular emphasis on the Commercial and Sales Management areas due to the planned expansion of the business with a particular focus on developing international markets.
Due to the technical dimension inherent in the value proposition of this business a solid understanding of the principles surrounding food science are desirable, but not necessary. Proven results at a leadership level are required whether that be with a local Irish, European regional or global business. A strong track record in driving international expansion in a relevant area would be highly regarded.
An earlier background in sales, marketing or broader financial/commercial, supply chain or operational areas would be very relevant in developing the skill sets required to take on this role successfully. Coupled with this, experience in people leadership, management and motivation would round off the desired profile. This will be the perfect job for someone who is self-motivated and looking for a platform to drive a business into global markets, while keeping a steady hand on the tiller at home.
Qualifications & Requirements
* A relevant 3rd level qualification or a demonstratable track record in a relevant business area
* Previous experience in areas as highlighted above for 8+ years;
* Having achieved such experience within a food ingredients company would be ideal.
* Experience in Client Relationship Management, Business Development and KAM critical in terms of driving a sales team and developing and executing a business expansion strategy;
* In-depth knowledge of reading and interpreting financial reports, conducting market analysis and an eye for spotting early indicators around key business metrics critical;
* Hands on experience in creating, reporting and managing budgets;
* A sufficiently high insight and understanding of Production, Procurement, Operations and broader supply Chain areas important;
* Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
A competitive remuneration is available for this role. Additional benefits will be discussed at the interview. If interested to explore please apply enclosing your CV in Word format and Cover Letter or to further discuss please text/call Greg O’Hanlon on (phone number removed)