Career Level Manager
Our client, creators of a revolutionary online platform focused on engineering, is seeking a *** Graduate High Performance Computer (HPC) Engineer *** to join their IT team.
Our client builds and maintains their own HPCs with over 3000-cores of on-premise compute. They also manage cloud environments and provide technical support to customers who have purchased their hardware.
Within this role you will be expected to undertake a broad range of tasks required to support all these aspects of business, including:
* Building and testing hardware
* Troubleshooting issues both in Linux and Windows
* Maintenance and monitoring of our on-premise HPC
* Supporting Employee IT needs
* Keep documentation and guides up to date
The role is office-based at our client's specialist facility near Daventry, Northamptonshire. They offer a graduate salary up to £25,750 depending on experience and benefits include 25-days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and a company pension scheme.
The Graduate High Performance Computer (HPC) Engineer's core skills / attributes:
* Above all things, our client values logical thought, motivation and an eagerness to learn. As such, they're not necessarily expecting candidates to have specific HPC experience, rather the willingness and aptitude to learn and evolve. Complete training will be provided in the administration of our HPC environment.
Our client's minimum requirements are:
* At least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
* A 'B' grade or higher in maths at A-level (or equivalent)
Desirable (but not essential) experience includes:
* Working in a Linux environment
* Experience building and maintaining your own computer.
* EUse of AWS or other cloud compute environments