Career Level Manager
At Air IT we believe it’s in everyone's interests to work flexibly. That's why we have introduced a 4 day week (compressed hours) or 9 day fortnight in addition to a standard 5 day 37.5 hour week. All three options are available to joiners at Air IT.
We’re Air IT, an incredible MSP with the history and expertise to provide an amazing array of services and a bright future ahead of us.
We’ve grown a lot since our beginning back in 2005. We’re proud to have brought together nine leading companies as a family, with more on the horizon. Now, with an office presence across the UK, we are extremely honoured to have been recognised with a range of regional, national and industry awards for growth, innovation, dedication and success throughout our journey.
Excited for our future, we’ve got a great mission and vision and a clearly defined strategy to empower our teams and make sure we can bring out the best in our people to provide unrivalled IT and Cyber Security support, solutions and services to local SMEs, nationwide. And this is where you come in.
We’re now looking for an IT Engineer to join our team and help us deliver great results for our employees across the group.
We are seeking a results-oriented IT Engineer to manage and maintain our company's Group IT infrastructure.
To join us as an IT Engineer, you will need:
* Supplying a high standard of customer service in line with Air IT’s standards
* Acting as a technical lead in a major incident or priority 1 situation
* Effective prioritisation and workload management
* Ensure adherence to our Change Management Process
* Identifying opportunities for improvement both technically and in processes
* Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards
* Responsible for handling service requests tickets
* Managing and maintaining the group IT Infrastructure ensuring our systems are running as efficiently as possible.
* Ensuring our internal documentation is up to date, including periodic reviews to ensure accuracy of the information held.
* Performing server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture health is maintained.
* Monitoring datacentre health using pre-existing management tools and respond to issues as they arise alongside building, testing, and maintaining new servers as needed.
* Maintaining internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; LANs, WANs, and network zones.
* Interacting with the wider Group IT staff and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, root cause analysis and provide technical support to the group.
* Microsoft Azure VMs, VPNs, hybrid environments (including sync of directories)
* Microsoft Windows platforms in particular Windows 7-10
* Microsoft Server platforms – (Apply online only) (including core)
* Microsoft Office Versions and Exchange (Apply online only) / Office365
* Virtualization – Hyper-V / VMware
* Network infrastructure – routers, firewalls (SonicWALL), VLAN, WLAN (Meraki), QOS, routing
* Server monitoring, maintenance and remediation (in-depth Microsoft troubleshooting)
* Security platforms: antivirus (Webroot), OpenDNS, Qualys (vulnerability management), Sophos encryption/end point management
* Cloud email security systems : anti-spam, email archiving (Reflexion / Mimecast)
* Cloud file sync and share platforms : Dropbox, Box, AWP
* Phone systems (on premise / hosted) : VoIP troubleshooting and configuration management
Attractive remuneration packages
Flexible, hybrid working
25 days annual leave + bank holidays with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days
Private medical insurance or the option to buy into the scheme
Free flu jabs
Perks including quarterly and annual staff awards, funded social events, referral bonuses
Excellent learning and development opportunities
Free fruit and snacks in the offices
Barista style coffee machines
Green travel scheme
We are a team that radiates strength, constantly evolving ready for the next phase in our evolution. A big focus for us is growing together and we believe that fantastic opportunities for personal growth are key to this, offering job security, career progression, help and support. A sneak peek will show you that we also put an emphasis on the fun side of our business, celebrating the commitment and hard work our teams have put in.
Air IT are equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. We believe this is the only acceptable way to conduct business and the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge, please apply via the button shown. We look forward to hearing from you