Career Level Manager
Monday – Friday 8.30am-6.00pm
20 days holiday + BH
Salary: Neg depending on experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a successful business who offer IT solutions to a range of SME and Blue Chip clients. As the ICT Technician you will be joining a warm friendly team in a vibrant office environment, you will be providing IT support to customers remotely and also attending client site.
* As the ICT Technician you will act as a first point of call for technical problems raised with the Customer Support Manager.
* Provide first-line support to customer queries and requests for help via telephone.
* As the ICT Technician you will route calls to members of the technical team as appropriate, based on the problem and the skill-sets available.
* Provide on-site assistance to Senior Engineers as needed, and deal with on-site problems if Senior Engineers are not available.
* Perform specific tasks or projects as allocated by the Director or a Senior Engineer
* As the ICT Technician you will attend customer sites to perform network audits and pro-active inspections.
* Monitor alerts from customer systems (particularly servers and backup systems) and deal with issues that may arise.
* Ensure that customer technical documentation is kept accurate and up to date in the approved format.
* Develop your own skillset to embrace new technologies.
* Assist with the professional development of Junior Engineers.
* As the ICT Technician you will Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and management of systems, e.g. servers on those networks.
* Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks.
* As the ICT Technician you will perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated.
* Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality.
* Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies.
* Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference.
* Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly.
* A proven experience working as an IT Engineer, IT Support, 2nd Line Engineer, ICT Support, IT Technician, Helpdesk or similar role is essential
* Strong knowledge & experience of Windows Servers, Virtualisation, Networks, backup management, Active Directory, DNS and Firewalls
* Exceptional customer facing skills
* Full clean driving license due to travelling to customer sites