Career Level Manager
ENGIE are recruiting for an IT Project Manager to be based in our Leeds office. This is a permanent full-time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible although standard office hours (8:30am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 4:30pm Friday) are expected. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
As an IT Project Manager you will take ownership and leadership of any projects and ensure their successful delivery against defined criteria of time, cost, quality and benefits realisation. You will be responsible for projects from planning phase through to closure of technical and non-technical project work, of all sizes and scale. You will maintain the progress of business and technical tasks in such a way that minimises the risks of delay/failure whilst maximising benefit and restricting cost.
* Effectively estimates costs, timescales & resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to an agreed scope
* Ensures that realistic project & quality plans are prepared & maintained & tracks all activities against the plan
* Setup regular project boards and providing weekly status reports to senior management or other stakeholders as appropriate
* Monitors costs, timescales & resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
* Escalates project issues related to deviation in scope/quality/timing/budget and dependencies with other projects and provides reporting to IT management, Business partners and steering bodies.
* Assesses & manages risks and issues through project lifetime
* Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors
* Responsible for driving through decisions/approvals at project control gates
* Negotiation to secure and then management and direction of the project’s resources, including non-IT resource and sub-contracted 3rd parties, needed to deliver a project
* Responsible for the transition of projects into an operational state, including handover to support functions
* Take a lead role in Change Management, User Testing and Change & Release Management and own the transition
Qualifications – External
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor or master’s degree in an IT discipline, or equivalent through experience
* Project management – preferably PRINCE2 Practitioner and/or Agile – SCRUM Kanban
* Must have demonstrated running large IT projects previously
* Significant experience in successfully delivering multiple projects of varying size and complexit
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must be a strategic thinker, good relationship building skills, self-starter, good business analysis skills, understanding of broad set of IT terms and technologies
* Leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
* Extensive background in a technical IT field and ability to understand and communicate across a broad range of IT areas
* Driven and able to work unsupervised with multiple conflicting priorities
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and experience
* Builds and maintains strong professional, trusting relationships with the business and IT, peers and staff
* Proficient in project management (methods), progress reporting, project management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Data analysis skills and to be able to present clear conclusion’s / updates from this activity