Career Level Manager
Service Desk Support Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours, 9am to 5.30pm
Please note: this is primarily an office based role from our clients head-office in Walton-on-Thames.
Our client is a growing business and they are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Support Engineer (Level 1 – 2) to join the team as hey continue to expand their managed services offerings.
As a technology driven business, they support a wide range of medium to enterprise customers across multiple sectors. Their managed services range from Hybrid Cloud to Backup & Disaster Recovery to Managed Security solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new and growing division in the business, as they expand the range of solutions and services and help set the standards for the future, working closely with their customers, the professional services and sales team.
As part of the Service Delivery Team, your role with be varied across onboarding clients, ensuring support tools are implemented and monitored and supporting clients both remotely and onsite troubleshooting (as required).
The ideal candidate will have worked within a Managed Services Provider (MSP) or a helpdesk within an IT Reseller for at least 2-3 years.
Specifically, you will:
* Manage technical requirements for client onboarding
* Manage Remote Support / Escalations
* Monitor clients’ IT systems
* Be an escalation point from the service desk
* Previous experience with RMM Tools
* Strong experience with Microsoft 365
* Understanding / Support Experience of Windows Server, Active Directory, Windows
* Understanding / Support Experience of Azure / Cloud Services
* Understanding / Support Experience of Virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMware)
* Understanding / Support Experience of VDI (Citrix)
* Understanding / Support Experience of Backup
* Understanding / Support Experience of Firewalls
* Understanding / Support Experience of IT Security (AV, 2FA, EDR)
* Understanding / Support Experience of Networking (TCP/IP, switching, routing, VLANs, VPN, WAN)
* Basic knowledge of Automation and Scripting using PowerShell.
Good to have not essential:
* Microsoft Certification (MS900/above, AZ900/above)
* Experience of HCI Solutions (Nutanix, Scale Computing, VSAN)
* WatchGuard / Fortinet certification and experience
* Create and manage scripts using PowerShell
* Good team player, enthusiastic
* Passionate about IT and career growth
* Professional and dependable
* Able to work well under pressure and multi-task
* Excellent telephone manner and ability to communicate confidently and clearly to customers
* Willingness to learn and a ‘hands on’ approach
* Full Driving Licence (potential requirement to travel to client sites)
* DBS Check
Other jobs you may like
Electrical Support Engineer – Unique role
- @ JobPloy Solutions Jobs
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire