Career Level Manager
My client is currently looking to recruit and experienced Law Costs Draftsperson/Lawyer to join their Nationwide firm. The role is fully remote.
They have grown exponentially nationwide to form a team of over 40 Costs Professionals with immense experience in all aspects of costs law. The firm represents various clients and one of whom is a leading legal aid practice on all their billing.
Their broad spectrum of billing across multiple areas of law is based on a sound knowledge of the costs system and the ability to manage client expectations to ensure their cash flow is maintained.
Their work involves preparing bills and costs budgets in Court of Protection, Children Law, Clinical Negligence, Commercial Litigation, Family, Housing & Litigation, Immigration, Judicial Review, and Personal Injury matters.
The company provides a supportive team environment and real prospects for success and promotion
The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge and experience in bill drafting. The Candidate will have an in depth Knowledge of the Legal Aid Costs and assessment rules; will have experience with The Legal aid agency (LAA) software CCMS, and all Legal Aid claims as well as Interpartes (IP) work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Report directly to Supervisor/Manager/ Director;
• Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a proactive understanding of clients’ needs;
• Drafting LAA and Inter partes bills;
• Preparing assessment bundles;
• Drafting POD’s/ Replies;
• Conducting Negotiations;
• To complete post assessment work;
• To complete Legal Aid Claims (Claim 1’s/Claim 1a’s/ Claim 2’s);
• To liaise and advise junior fee earners and support staff in relation to the variety of legal costs matters;
• Drafting Cost Budgets and relevant Precedents;
Key Skills Required
• Demonstrate passion and experience in Costs Law;
• A strong academic background i.e with a Law degree;
• Legal experience as a Costs Draftsperson & or a Costs Lawyer;
• Clear understanding and application of the civil procedure rules relating to costs;
• Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in drafting legal aid and Inter partes bills;
• Costs Negotiations Experience;
• Advocacy (desirable);
• Business acumen and the ability to market the Company;
• Excellent communications skills to work effectively with team members and third parties;
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Other jobs you may like
Trainee Legal Records Assistant £GOOD++- Bristol
- @ JobPloy Solutions Jobs
- Bristol, City of Bristol