Career Level Manager
Our client is seeking a Legal Cashier / Credit Controller to join their Law Firm in Loughton, Essex.
Candidates should have at least 5 years in a law firms Accounts department dealing with Credit Control specifically. Purchase Ledger experience would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts
• Accurate, efficient, and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
• Excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office including Excel
• Ability to maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
• Professional, confident, and diplomatic when liaising with others
• Team player
• Service orientated
• Friendly, approachable and with good problem-solving skills
Outline of role and responsibilities:
Reporting to and liaising with the Finance Director to deliver an accurate and efficient credit control service. This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with clients to ensure the smooth running of accounts.
The day-to-day duties of the Credit Controller are varied and include managing the debts, ensuring timely payments are made, assisting with allocations of incoming funds, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries, and managing debt recovery.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
• Ensuring timely payment of debts
• Following up payments as needed
• Negotiating re-payment plans
• Responding to relevant client enquiries
• Preparation of statements, client status reports and all relevant information as required
• Providing administrative support to the team
• To post all supplier invoices to the ledger on our accounting software, ensuring they are matched to purchase orders where applicable and coded to the correct nominal ledger code and supplier account.
• Produce the weekly payment run ensuring all payments are made on the due dates and for the correct amounts. Update and allocate all the payments to the ledger in a timely manner.
• Timely identification and resolution of queries involving liaison by phone or written communication with internal staff and external suppliers.
• Create new supplier accounts ensuring all relevant information is entered on the supplier record including the bank details for payment and payment terms.
• Keep a tracking spreadsheet of all invoices sent out for authorization and to ensure they are returned and posted to the account within a 48-hour turnaround period.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Other jobs you may like
Solicitor – Medical Negligence
- @ JobPloy Solutions Jobs
- Kingston upon Hull, City of Kingston upon Hull