Career Level Manager
Diamond Search Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, one of the country's leading Legal Practices, a firm with a first-class reputation, award winning and ranked highly in the UK Legal 500. Our client invest in the best talent and technology and are at an incredibly exciting time within the business! Offering very attractive benefits, excellent working conditions and a dynamic and high performing company culture, this opportunity is certainly one not to be missed! Recruiting for an Accounts Rules Compliance Assistant to covers all aspects of financial compliance to ensure standards and timeframes are met in line with the SRA Accounts Rules and internal policies. The role would see you advising our Head Cashier/Finance Operations Manager and would suit someone with a legal cashiering background especially with experience of processing monies related to residential conveyancing matters. The role can either be part-time (4 days a week) or full time position.Ideally 25 to 29 hours per week which can be configured as required within the core hours of 9am – 5.15pm.
Covers all aspects of financial compliance to ensure standards and timeframes are met in line with the SRA Accounts Rules and internal policies. Liaising with fee earners and secretaries to maximise co-operation. Advising Head Cashier/Finance Operations Manager of any areas of concern.
* To assist in the identification of residual balances
* To assist in returning residual balances to the correct party
* Reviewing and approving financial/completion statements
* Ensuring that funds being paid to charity are in line with the SRA Accounts Rules and internal policies are being met
* Requesting approval from the SRA to withdraw client funds when necessary
* To review fee and expense estimates, liaising with legal teams and updating when necessary
* To review inactive matters and assist with the archiving of client files
* To work with the Head Cashier in identifying potential client to office transfers, and maintain the Central Register for client funds
* To be responsible for updating records of matter balance reasons managed by the Cashiers
* Update and maintain internal rule breaches log
* Maintain the data integrity in the practice management system by assisting the Finance Operations Manager with various tasks
* To undertake all other reasonable tasks as may be required
* Travel between office locations as and when required to meet the needs of the business.
* Experience of working as legal client cashier for a minimum of three years
* Methodical, accurate and well organised
* Consistent high attention to detail
* Self-motivated, able to manage your own caseload and work independently
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
* Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
* Be adept at tracing individuals, using all tools available – Companies House, online search engines, social media etc.
* Proactive problem solver
* Ability to work without close supervision
* Able to demonstrate confidentiality and integrity
* Experience within a professional environment
* Experience to match the duties of the role.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Methodical, accurate and well organised systems of working
* Flexible, energetic and organised .
For a confidential discussion, contact us, or apply today!
Diamond Search Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency regarding this vacancy
Other jobs you may like
Trainee Legal Records Assistant £GOOD++- Bristol
- @ JobPloy Solutions Jobs
- Bristol, City of Bristol