Career Level Manager
We are working with a top-tier law firm in Spalding that is seeking a Legal Secretary
Legal Secretary – job responsibilities:
* Provide the team with typing, secretarial and administrative support.
* Work responsibly to support the needs of the fee earners and the priorities given delivering a quality service.
* Assist with digital dictation and administrative support across the company in line with the Company’s workflow ethic.
* Transcribe and prepare all correspondence and documents through audiotyping and word processing, using Company precedents where appropriate;
* Operate case management system including storing documents electronically – organising and attaching to relevant matters.
* Familiarity with all relevant computer packages including, but not limited to: PDF Docs, document conversion and tracked changes.
* Deal with administrative routines as required to include scanning, faxing printing and photocopying.
* Understand how to use the strong room including searching for and retrieving documents and procedures for sending out original documents:
* Manage incoming and outgoing mail in all mediums i.e. post, DX, emails and fax transmissions.
* Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain manager/fee earners diary as required including providing refreshments if necessary.
* Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Company’s standards for client care.
* Be flexible as a member of the wider support team and assist with work as required, co-operating with peers and others, ensuring a co-operative team environment.
* Work within relevant administrative systems and procedures, particularly in the management of finances, recording time, preparation of bills and correspondence.
Legal Secretary – skills & experience:
* Experience as a legal secretary/secretary, including the use of a digital dictation tool.
* Computer literacy, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* A typing speed of at least 65 wpm/90% accuracy.
* Excellent attention to detail, including spelling and punctuation.
* An ability to communicate effectively at all levels, to remain calm and respond well in pressurised situations.
* An ability to organise own work effectively and plan well to meet required deadlines.
* Evidence of a problem solving “can-do” attitude and the ability to work effectively in a team environment experience of working in a professional organisation with the ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of fee-earners’ work.
Some benefits include:
* Flexible working
* Cycle to work scheme
* Group Life Assurance
* Health Insurance
* Competitive company pension
* Free Subscriptions/Memberships and Discounts
* Progression, Learning, and Development plans
* Wellbeing (Hub) support