Career Level Manager
About our Client
They are an award-winning Legal 500 top-ranked firm and work with a diverse range of regional, national and international clients. They are passionate about the quality of advice and service they provide and keen to embrace technology.
Our Client carries the LawNet Mark of Excellence. The firm was awarded the two-star status in the Best Companies guide for 2016 and is Investor in People Gold accredited.
About the Legal Secretary Private Client Team role:
This is a challenging role in a fast-paced environment supporting a team of lawyers so they can maximise their fee earning capacity. The Private Client department is a large team guiding individuals and families on a wide range of legal topics such as Wills, Care home fees, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Inheritance tax planning and more. It is a role that is central to the whole team providing support so the lawyers can deliver excellent client service each and every time.
Legal Secretary Private Client Team Accountabilities
* Working with Advanced Digital Dictation to complete dictations
* Checking the TA Action list to process and finalise letters and emails from the lawyers
* Amending documents and letters, ensuring relevant enclosures are organised
* Keeping the case management system (SOS Connect) updated with any changes in clients’ information
* Providing efficient diary and email management
* Providing effective management of visitors and calls
* Handling incoming and outgoing mail, to include scanning incoming post and preparing letters to be sent on behalf of the team
* Ensuring physical and paperless files are kept up to date with the filing of correspondence and documents
* Regularly archiving all files, ensuring non-movement files are kept to a minimum
* Creating invoices and credit notes
* Completing monthly expenses
* Sending clients receipts of monies paid by card
* Organising conference calls, meetings and events
* Planning ahead for key events, meetings and webinars
* Working closely with the lawyers, team secretaries and the admin team to ensure all files are compliant with AML and SRA Regulations
* Recording the teams Business Development activities
* Managing communication with internal and external contacts ensuring that the team are informed of all matters
* Supporting other secretaries/teams when needed.
Legal Secretary Private Client Team Skills and competencies
* Work well within a team of secretaries
* Ability to work flexibly and respond to changing priorities
* Strong organisational and administration skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
* Ability to demonstrate resilience and positive enthusiasm to get the job done
* Ability to perform well under pressure and maintain a calm approach
* Ability to be resourceful with good time management skills.
Legal Secretary Private Client Team Relationships
– HODs and lawyers
– Other support Services.
Reward and development:
The client pride themselves on a positive work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely can make a difference. The client have a reward program to show that they recognise when someone has gone the extra mile or demonstrated excellence in their role.
Rewards and benefits:
– 25 days pro rata per leave year plus current English statutory holidays
– Pension scheme – auto enrolment after 3 months at a matched 5%. Option to increase your contribution after passing 6-month probation.
– Westfield Health cover for all staff after passing probation
– Death in service of 4x salary
– Car parking available off site at a discounted rate
– Free gym pass to Fengate gym after passing probation
– Extra days holiday around the Christmas period
– Extra day off for your birthday
– Instant rewards with Westfield Health of 250 big name brands offering discounts upon passing probation
– Free tea, coffee, fruit and social events throughout the year.
We are an equal opportunities employer and as a firm our values are:
* Responsible – Taking initiative and seeing things through
* Empowering – Supporting others to develop and change
* Sharing – Showing collaboration and sharing of best practice/success
* Positive – Finding the win/win – even mistakes can become positive, learning experiences
* Empathetic – Understanding things from other's perspectives
* Communicative – Defaulting to an open, collaborative culture
* Trustworthy – Trusting in and being trusted by people