Career Level Manager
Salisbury Hospice is the only provider of specialist palliative care in the local area, providing care to 1,000 local people with life-limiting conditions. Although they receive some NHS funding, they rely heavily on fundraising and donations to cover the annual running costs, it is the responsibility of me client to raise £1.5 million towards these costs every year.
My client is seeking a talented and creative Marketing & Communications Officer for a maternity cover contract – initially offered on a 10 month basis.
They are a small team with a big remit, and are looking for someone to co-ordinate the delivery of their ambitious plans. This is a varied role offering a solid foundation in integrated marketing and communications for a local charity where you will work closely with, and support departments within the organisation to help, plan and coordinate content and communications activities from across teams, and lead communication planning for major outputs and activities. You will be responsible for social postings across all sites, as well as writing and updating content for websites and build awareness of the charity.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Promote the charity brand and help build and safeguard its reputation externally
* Promote the value of consistent, accurate and engaging communications internally
* Manage and organically grow the following across all digital platform, media and digital copy to include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
* Manage and update the website
* Create and develop digital and print graphics for promotional use and produce marketing materials for use at all charity events and third party events
* Work with the fundraising team to develop marketing plans and campaigns
* Manage the production of online and offline marketing collateral to promote membership, events and build awareness
* Manage and develop twice yearly supporter newsletter and regular supporter emails
* Work collaboratively with colleagues within the fundraising and hospice team, to ensure that any potential leads for other aspects of income generation or brand promotion are shared and that a co-ordinated approach is maintained.
My client require a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar role and will only consider candidates who have a strong understanding of their vision and philosophy and who offer an empathetic approach to their work.
In order to succeed within this role, candidates must have technical experience including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop), Microsoft Word, Mailchimp, WordPress, Powerpoint and Canva. They also be able to produce coherent copy and promotional materials and demonstrate experience of managing and organically growing social media platforms. Excellent communication and copywriting skills are imperative alongside strong organisational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
Working hours for this role are Monday – Friday (35 hours a week with flexible hours available).
In return you will be given a basic salary of between £24,000 – £26,000 per annum with benefits including generous holiday allowance of 34 days holiday (including bank holidays, pro rata) and pension contribution after qualifying period.
Purple Panda Recruitment Ltd (Company Number (phone number removed)) Is a UK based Recruitment Agency. We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees, clients and candidates equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, , age, marital or civil partnership status or disability. Due to the high volume of CVs received we do not provide individual feedback on applications. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful. For further feedback please contact us directly