Career Level Manager
Ramsden International is the UK’s leading wholesale exporter of British grocery brands, selling over 24,000 products to more than 650 customers in 133 countries worldwide.
Be part of our diverse company exporting British brands such as Cadbury, Heinz, and McVitie's.
Reporting to Head of Trading & Marketing, as Marketing Executive you will contribute towards the creation, development and implementation of marketing campaigns, projects, plans and strategies, ensuring that all initiatives meet deadlines.
You will work with the existing Marketing Executive to raise brand awareness and support the growth of the business, while building relationships with the Sales team to understand customer engagement and requirements. You’ll work closely with our Category and Trading teams to understand and utilise opportunities, supporting with ad-hoc tasks when required.
As Marketing Executive you will also be responsible for:
* Reviewing and reporting on marketing campaigns, monitoring results and using this information to help shape and develop future marketing activity, in line with business objectives.
* Support with the management of third-party agencies and relationships with relevant external stakeholders and suppliers.
* Manage and prioritise your own workload to reflect business needs, ensuring work requests are approved by the Head of Trading & Marketing.
* Use Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) to design effective marketing collateral, such as Brochures, Adverts, Point of sale, Digital assets (e.g. website and social media), Presentation assets
* Support with the internal and external production of various annual, seasonal and monthly brochures (print and digital). Project management includes: planning timescales, managing content and adverts, design, copywriting, page-planning, sourcing/editing product images and organising translations.
* Liaise with colleagues and suppliers to obtain assets for online and offline marketing materials, ensuring value for money, quality and timely completion of projects.
* Have the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst having a strong visual eye for detail, accuracy, creativity and strong ability to copywrite for artwork.
* Contribute to digital marketing activity.
* Managing our customer-facing website, using the CMS and third parties when necessary. Ensure that content, functionality, photography, and design promote the business, is innovative, creative and raises the profile of our products and services.
* Manage and evaluate SEO and PPC ads.
* Compile regular email marketing campaigns (design, layout, written content, templates, targeted lists, and analysis of results) utilising DotDigital.
* Research, create, manage, and monitor results of B2B social media content, using platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Drive the growth of our social media channels from a B2B perspective.
* Use Google Analytics to report and suggest ideas for improvement and development.
* Write clear, compelling, and culturally sensitive copy for offline and online marketing activities, which can be easily translated, uses on-brand language to promote the business and raises the profile of our products and services.
* Showcase strong proof-reading ability – proofing content which has been provided by colleagues and suppliers, for grammar, consistency, accuracy, relevance, cultural sensitivity, and translatability.
* Write informative and competitive award entries for regional, national and international business awards.
* Write both long and short format text for the company website, brochures, and general marketing collateral.
* PR – write and pitch press releases to industry press when applicable.
Qualifications / Experience
* Degree level: Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, English, Graphic Design or similar
* Previous experience in a marketing role (minimum 2 years)
* Excellent attention to detail
* Offline marketing knowledge
* Digital marketing knowledge (website CMS, social media, email campaigns, SEO, PPC, Google AdWords etc.)
* Strong copywriter
* Confident using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
* First-rate IT skills (Microsoft Office with good Excel knowledge)
* Monday – work from home or the office (optional) – 8.30am to 5pm
* Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – work from the office – 8.30am to 5pm
* Friday – work form home with an early finish – 8.30am to 4pm