Career Level Manager
Operational Analyst / Consultant – Operational Research
Are you someone with a background of undertaking Analysis, Modelling/Simulation or Operational Research for Government, Defence or Industry?
Our client is a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach to defence, energy and space programmes. They have an enviable track record of success as a trusted partner to customers within the defence sector and we are looking to expand their team to keep pace with increasing demand. As part of their growth plans, they are looking for Operational Analysts at all levels of experience (Consultant, Senior Consultant or Principal Consultant) to join the Analysis and Approvals Practice.
This Practice uses modelling, analysis, domain knowledge and approvals expertise to provide the evidence to make better decisions in support of our customers within the defence and space sectors. In particular, they:
* Undertake research to analyse the benefits of new equipment, approaches, or technologies
* Create and use analysis tools, model, and techniques to answer challenging client problem
* Provide the evidence to support Government procurement decisions
* Work with customers and stakeholders to improve policy, strategy, and planning
Your Future Role
Operational Analyst Consultant, your responsibilities would include:
* Contributing to and delivering technical consulting projects
* Using a variety of analytical or operational research techniques
* Either ‘soft’ skills such as stakeholder management, requirements elicitation, problem structuring, historical analysis, workshop facilitation
* Or ‘hard’ OA techniques including wargaming, simulation, mathematical modelling, and data analysis (including Python, Power BI, Tableau etc where required)
* You may specialise in one of these above areas, or provide a range of skills
* Writing reports and presenting to customers
* Working organically in customer teams or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub
For Senior and Principal level positions, your responsibilities would also include:
* Leading project teams and undertaking technical assurance
* Building and maintaining relationships with customers, stakeholders and industry partners
* Providing guidance to staff on particular analysis techniques
* Developing new and innovative ideas, models and methods
* Support to business winning via customer engagement and bidding
* Line management of one or more staff
We are interested in people who are good at engaging with customers and have the technical expertise to provide analytical insight. You should also have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, and be keen to develop yourself and others within the team. Knowledge of UK MOD is desirable but not essential.
For the Operational Analyst Consultant positions, you should have experience of delivering projects in a government or business setting, using qualitative or quantitative (Soft or Hard OA) analysis techniques.
For Senior and Principal consultant positions, you should have a more extensive technical track record, and additional complementary expertise in project management, business winning, stakeholder engagement and/or line management.
In return the company will provide you with the training and the on-the-job support to develop your technical knowledge and professional skills as a consultant. You will have the opportunity to progress within the organisation as the Company grows and your capability develops. They offer our employees hybrid working wherever possible, a highly competitive salary and an extensive benefits package for all grades including car allowance, annual bonus scheme and private medical insurance.
Essentials requirements Operational Analyst:
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
* Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
* Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
* To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.
Keywords – Operational Analysis, Operation Research, Defence, MOD, Government, Space, SC Cleared, DV Cleared, Modelling, Analyst, Analysis, Requirements Capture, OA Techniques, War Gaming, Simulation, Mathematical Modelling, Data Analysis, Python, Power BI, Tableau, Advanced Excel, Workshop Facilitation, Qualitative Analysis, Quantitative Analysis
Salary depending on the level of the role around d £35K-£50K plus Car Allowance, Private Medical
Income Protection, 4 X Salary Life Insurance, Bonus, Pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Location – Portsmouth, South East or Bristol, South West , Hybrid working and also working on clients site as required