Career Level Manager
Paralegal – Clinical Negligence
We are currently looking for a Clinical Negligence Paralegal to join our Bath office. As a Paralegal you will provide an important link between the client and the firm, having some responsibility for aspects of file management, under supervision.
Personalised Client Service
* Manage aspects of files that are managed by qualified lawyers and carry out simple, routine tasks
* Under take legal processes, under supervision
* All administrative duties associated with this role.
* Draft legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates which address all relevant legal and factual issues and accurately reflect the client’s instructions
* Undertake effective legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results accurately and clearly
* Meet and exceed client service needs in all aspects of work.
* Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security , data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
* Undertake all training relating to risk & compliance, keeping up to date with changes and best practice
* Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, including effective use of information management systems including storing and retrieving information
* Support fee earners to prepare for BD & marketing activities
* Attend RWK BD events where appropriate
* Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
* Begin to build business relationships with 3rd parties under supervision (e.g agents, referrers, experts), responding to enquiries and building a good rapport
* Begin to build a network and profile internally within the firm
* Build relationships with the team and liaise regularly with other departments and the business services team, building mutually beneficial relationships
* Work as an effective team member, providing support where required, aligned to peaks in workload
* Attend all relevant training and apply learning to improve performance and develop in your role
Financial & Operational Excellence
* Time record all work
* Work towards personal objectives, recording progress within Objective Manager
* Input into procedural changes, making suggestions for improvement and efficiencies. Take ownership of projects where appropriate.
Knowledge & Skills
* Legal qualifications (LLB or CILEx) – Desirable
* Previous experience within a legal support or administrative role – Desirable
* Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively prioritise – Essential
* Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant IT platforms – Essential
* Strong written communication skills – Essential
* Demonstrate a good understanding of client relationship management – Essential
* Ability to undertake basic legal work under supervision and use initiative where required – Essential
We are a progressive UK Top 100 law firm known for our Commercial, Private Client, Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury work, with over 570 people across offices in Bath, Swindon, Marlborough, Oxford, and London.
At RWK Goodman, people come first and we pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work. We recognise that investing in our people and their career is the only way we can succeed in achieving what is best for our clients and being ‘Ahead of the Curve’. By this we mean always trying to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes, looking ahead to the future, anticipating client needs, and producing solutions. Our friendly, accessible, and supportive culture is incredibly important to us, and we are continually looking at new ways to nurture and enhance it. We are committed to creating and embedding a dynamic and inclusive culture and that starts with our recruitment process. If you have a disability, whether visible or not, (or you just have something you are worried about) we want to work with you at every stage of the process. This is to ensure that we get to see you at your best. If you need any reasonable adjustments to accommodate your disability, such as extra time on written assessments, an accessible interview room or a quiet space before and after the interview, please speak to a member of the Recruitment Team so that we can work together to enable you to show us what you can bring to the firm