Career Level Manager
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Paralegal to join their busy Commercial Litigation team.
The successful candidate will work directly with senior lawyers and fee earners in the department to provide high-quality legal services. The role provides a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to gain invaluable experience in Commercial Litigation and Insolvency.
There will be some research and admin but we are looking for someone who has some experience of working in a commercial litigation department and is keen to learn, take on responsibility and progress.
By joining the Commercial Litigation team, you will be working directly with senior lawyers and fee earners in the department, which currently comprises of 4 Partners.
It is anticipated that the role will initially include:
* Advising clients on small/lower value debt and breach of contract claims
* Conducting small/lower value debt/breach of contract claims/defences in Court
* Preparation of statutory demands and bankruptcy/winding up petitions
* Assisting other members of the team with disclosure, preparation of cost schedules, bundles, attending client meetings and conference with Counsel and attending hearings/ trial in person or using a virtual platform
* Preparing Notices seeking possession of residential properties. Drafting proceedings and attending possession hearings.
Over time this role will develop as the successful candidate gains competency and experience in Commercial Litigation and Insolvency providing the opportunity to run their own caseload and assist with a varied case load of matters.
As this is a junior position where the candidate will need regular and unscheduled time with fee earners to receive instructions, ask questions and learn from colleagues, the role is office based.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from experienced litigators and build your knowledge and experience of commercial disputes and how to resolve them.
The successful candidate will be able to manage their own case load whilst assisting other fee-earners and partners in providing advice and proactive service to the firm’s clients.
The candidate must have excellent communication and IT skills and ability to develop positive relationships with a strong focus on marketing and networking for business development.
This role is best suited to an LPC graduate with a minimum of 1 year experience working in a debt recovery and litigation department.
– Competitive salary
– Holiday entitlement which increases with service.
– Ability to purchase up to 1 weeks extra holiday
– 1 extra day off for your birthday
– 4% Employer pension contribution
– Bupa cash health care plan
– Income protection
– Death in service benefits
– Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
– Payment of professional subscriptions
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available
Other jobs you may like
Solicitor – Medical Negligence
- @ JobPloy Solutions Jobs
- Kingston upon Hull, City of Kingston upon Hull