Career Level Manager
Paralegal – Commercial Property
Our client is a multi discipline, national firm of Solicitors who are looking for a Commercial Property Paralegal to join the team at the Peterborough office.
The role will support fee earners within the Commercial Property team and reports to the supervising Partner.
The accountabilities within this role cover both fee earning tasks as well as administrative tasks;
Fee earning tasks will include:-
* producing legal documentation as required;
* drafting of basic deeds, documents and letters;
* drafting financial statements;
* engaging in legal research as appropriate;
* undertaking basic correspondence and telephone calls on client matters;
* appreciation of legal procedures.
Administrative tasks will include:-
* be involved in the efficient management of client/matter files to include general filing in a timely and accurate manner, file closure, archiving, retrieval and return from storage as required including updating relevant databases
* deal with administrative routines, and provide administrative support as required by the team; including scanning, faxing, printing, document binding/bundling, recording time and photocopying;
* operate case management system including storing documents electronically;
* manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls, e-mails and facsimile transmissions as required;
* ensure the confidentiality of all the Company’s and clients’ documentation and information;
* maintenance of client relationship management data and records;
* monitoring compliance and Lexcel requirements;
* assist with good financial management, as and when appropriate;
* assist with reception of clients and arrangement of meetings as required;
* deal with queries and enquiries from fee earners, Team Co-ordinators and secretaries;
* deal with queries from clients;
* transcription of digital dictation;
* support the wider team and assist with work as required;
* appreciation of legal procedures and Company protocols;
* to personally undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development;
* any other reasonable requests from Fee Earners and/or Managers.
Skills and Experience:
* Good IT and keyboard skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload especially under pressure
* Accuracy with good attention detail
* Evidence of good customer facing skills
* Evidence of an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
* Ability to work alone using initiative and as part of a team.
Magenta Consulting and Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency. Contact us to discuss this Paralegal vacancy and other positions that may be suitable