Career Level Manager
PR Account Manager – Guildford (Hybrid)- £32k – £37k
* Playing the central role in the client team and taking full responsibility for the daily and weekly implementation of client programmes, managing client relationships and resolving any problems.
* Delegating work as appropriate to junior staff members, motivating them and helping them to manage their workloads to ensure timely delivery.
* Measuring results achieved for clients versus targets and KPIs, driving the preparation of results analyses, media coverage reports and activity reports.
* Having the ability to lead new business brainstorms and making a creative input into new business pitches.
* Possessing and developing useful and relevant business contacts.
* Having a full understanding of financial controls on all accounts, including budgeting policies and procedures.
* Having the ability to commission and analyse research, including surveys and focus groups.
* Driving the media relations programme for clients as laid out in the programme of activity agreed with the account director. Proactively seeking and identifying opportunities to ensure the maximum level of coverage is achieved for clients.
* Possessing a complete understanding of how the media works in the areas in which clients operate – the opportunities available, means of building relationships with journalists (including in-person networking), etc.
* Planning and managing the organisation of events, such as workshops, photo calls and press conferences.
* Negotiating and overseeing promotional activity, such as sponsorships, competitions, sampling offers, etc.
Social media and digital marketing
* With the account director, advising clients on social media and Paid digital communications strategies.
* Planning social media content schedules and coordinating activity across the client team.
* Liaising with partner agencies to help design Paid promotional activities and integrate them into client programmes.
* Writing coherent, concise and factually accurate press releases, articles, briefing documents, press kits, emails, tweets and other materials that require only exceptional amendments by senior colleagues and clients.
* Amending and improving press releases, copy for newsletters, etc. drafted by account executives.
* Drafting new business proposals, reports, speeches and presentations under direction by the account director.
* Leading meetings, ensuring that meeting preparation is well organised, and that account directors or seniors are fully briefed on meeting topics.
* Taking a key role in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches.
* The role requires a self-confident individual, at ease with liaising with senior client contacts and busy journalists.
* You need to be highly organised with the ability to keep on top of multiple activities simultaneously.
* You must be highly adaptable to change and short notice client requests, with the ability to remain calm and think clearly under time pressure.
* You must possess extremely strong writing skills in all the types of work detailed above.
* You must enjoy the cut and thrust of media relations and be ambitious to achieve outstanding results.
* You must possess excellent research skills and enjoy mastering sometimes complex topics.
* In normal times, you must be able and eager to travel internationally on business.
* While not essential, expertise in any of the following would also be desirable: video filming/editing, photography, digital marketing, podcast production, fluency in foreign languages