Career Level Manager
Principal Management Consultant – Defence, MOD sector
Our client is a highly successful small expanding management consultancy. They have an enviable reputation and senior level client base.
They are looking for a positive and enthusiastic Principal Management Consultant who has a passion for helping clients succeed. You will come from a management consultancy background, used to advising and working with clients in the UK Defence sector, ideally you will also have additional experience working with commercial sector clients. You will have solid experience consulting with clients enabling them to undertake strategic decision making and implement business transformational change into their organisation.
As part of the team, you will work with their consultants, analysts, and clients at all levels on several projects. You will work across different industries, initially focusing within UK Defence sector
Our client specialises in helping their clients deliver success. They are experts in strategy, decision-making tools and methodologies, portfolio and programme management, prioritisation, understanding data and engaging people. They use this expertise to create, implement and embed processes, governance and structures that deliver results.
Skills experience required for role of Principal Management Consultant:
* Management consultancy experience of working with clients across the UK Government sector (Government, Defence, MOD)
* Experience of assisting clients to undertake strategic decision making and implement transformational change in their organisation
* Business Transformation including forming a portfolio of projects
* Organisation change
* Business management & strategy
* Broad theoretical knowledge and a diverse range of practical experience of successful Portfolio, Programme and Project Management design and delivery
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* A positive and flexible approach to your work
* Be able to engage and enthuse personnel across all areas and at all levels within client organisations
* A preference for building and working within teams
Qualifications-Degree ,MBA or equiv experience , Project Management qualifications e.g. APMP
To excel in this role, you will have recent demonstrable experience of the following:
* Successful business development and business delivery across multiple domains/sectors
* Leading client interactions and building trusted-advisor relationships, with new and existing clients, on both short term and long-term engagements
* Effectively managing diverse delivery teams to deliver complex customer requirements
* Designing and delivering transformational change, based upon practical application of established change principles and analysis
* Defining, establishing, and operating within a variety of Portfolio, Programme and Project management principles and approaches
Initial clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the South of England.
Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be highly beneficial, but is not essential.
Keywords –Management Consultancy, Principal Management Consultant, Business Development, Management Consultants, Government, Defence, MOD, Strategic Decision Making, Transformation Change, Business Transformations, Organisation Change Management, Business Architecture, Business Case Development, Benefits Value Realisation, Quantitative Analysis, Benefits Analysis,
Principal Management Consultant – Defence, MOD
Salary Circa £70K-£80K, depending upon your level of your experience.
Location – Winchester, Hants, Flexible working