Career Level Manager
Our client is a well-established and successful manufacturing company with a global presence. They are looking for an experienced Production Manager to manage their busy and productive manufacturing team. This role would suit someone with previous experience as a Production Manager / Production Supervisor / Manufacturing Manager / Shift Manager.
This role has great future prospects, with opportunities to climb the ladder to Senior Management if you can prove yourself. Our client is looking for someone with the urge to push things forward, and go that extra mile. The company has plans to expand rapidly over the next 5 years, this will be an amazing opportunity for the right person.
Salary is around £55k depending on experience + Company Car, or Car Allowance.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 4.00pm.
• Overlook a large Production Team of approximately 150 people (and likely to grow in size)
• Ensure that the strategic and business objectives of the company are implemented and targets achieved within manufacturing. This includes the production targets, efficiencies, costs and customer requirement and standards are achieved, so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the overall business strategy.
• Develop an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team, ensuring that Health & Safety, Quality, best practice and policies and procedures are adhered to.
Production Manager requirements:
• You must have a solid background in manufacturing, with a strong track record of leading production teams to achieve and excel manufacturing goals.
• Ideally Six Sigma Black Belt trained (or an advanced knowledge of Six Sigma.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques (including 5S).
• Experience of manging teams in a plastic production, injection moulding, plastic extrusion environment would be highly desirable. Other industries that would suit include automotive or tyre manufacturing (although they are open to others).
• Knowledge of robotics would be an advantage, due to the machinery they have.
• Ability to drive continually improvement forwards, and maximise your team’s performance.
• Results driven, motivational, and able to work under pressure and deliver deadlines.
• Good verbal communication and numerate skills