Career Level Manager
We are currently seeking to recruit diligent and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire our up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
The Project Management function in Ultra delivers the project team with leadership, planning, motivation, understanding and experience. The function is accountable for the performance (to time, quality, cost and/or as-bid Gross Margin) of the project and manages project elements, including, but not limited to, schedule, cost, resources and risks.
We are looking for a Project Manager who will utilise their technical / professional knowledge and make independent judgements based on practice and significant previous experience to support decision making.
You will be a referral point or more senior team member to escalate more complex problems. Naturally, acting as mentor for junior staff.
· Lead, motivate and manage project team personnel to instill a commitment to project financial, schedule and technical goals;
· Guide the development of project scope, the definition of work scope activities and implement scope controls;
· Plan and implement the project schedule, monitor and assess performance, and implement corrective actions as required to meet delivery expectations;
· Plan, monitor and control project costs to achieve budget expectations and prepare monthly financial and project status reports for internal and external stakeholders;
· Work with Engineering counterparts to manage project resources through effective resource planning
· Oversee supply chain procurement activities to ensure quality and performance requirements are met;
· Identify and manage the alleviation of project risks and the realisation of project opportunities;
· Reviews internal and external deliverables for accuracy and completeness
· Create presentations and related project material for internal and external customers
· Gathers, collects, records, tracks, and verifies data and information from multiple sources.
· Develops proposals and quotations for customers.
· Uses Earned Value Management (EVM) to track project progress through required milestones.
· Raises issues and exceptions to appropriate levels for resolution.
· Provides insights on how to improve project design and processes for better overall delivery and value.
· Ensures outstanding customer satisfaction and subcontractor performance articles.
Experience Required as Project Manager:
* Previous Project Management Experience, preferably in defence industry
* Ability to obtain SC level security clearance
* Able to travel within Canada and Overseas.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
In addition you will receive:
• Flexible working within core working hours (flexible start/finish times)
• 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
• 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
• Pension Scheme – Less than 5 years’ service up to 5.5% employer contributions, 5 years’ service + up to 7.5% employer contributions. • A confidential Employee Support Helpline
The Ultra Project and Programme function is responsible for providing the strategy for the planning and execution of all development and production programmes. The function controls programme costs, manages adherence to technical and schedule performance plans. The function manages the risks and opportunities and directly interfaces with customers as required.
If you feel like this is the right role for you than please apply now with an your most up to date CV, we look forward to hearing from you