Career Level Manager
Project Manager – MOD, Defence
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary: £50K – £60K plus benefits, pension (7% contribution), 25 days holiday & life insurance, medical
Our client is a successful management consultancy, they provide technical expertise to projects in the Ministry of Defence. They also have experience of working in the nuclear, defence, space and transport sectors of the UK. Our client is a member of several Government frameworks for the delivery of analysis and Systems Engineering, and delivers innovative solutions as an agile organisation built on the expertise of experienced practitioners
This is an internal role. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing a range of Framework agreements, reporting vital project management information to clients, company directors and staff.
You will be managing the resourcing of projects and assisting with bids
Responsibilities re role of Project Manager will include:
* Managing a range of Frameworks and Projects predominantly within the Defence environment.
* The end-to-end management of technical projects according to best practice principles by planning, executing, and closing projects according to strict deadlines and timescales.
* Delivering of projects to time and cost budgets.
* Support the project teams through review of plans and proposals ensuring value for money and ensuring delivery of plans is as required.
* Building new relationships and maintaining successful working relationships with current customers.
* Maintain working relationships with your project teams and third-party suppliers.
* Managing the resources of the projects
* Assisting with bids
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
* Strong background in managing a range of Frameworks and Projects within the MOD, Defence sector
* Must be familiar with Military terminology
* Possess superior Project Management skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Previous experience managing multiple concurrent technical projects through the full lifecycle.
* Good knowledge of PRINCE2 and Agile Project Management
* Project Management Qualifications e.g., PRINCE2 and Agile Project Management
* Be organised and ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
* Strives to deliver ahead of targets.
* Be articulate with good presentation skills. Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
* Be a trusted self-motivated individual who can perform when working as part of a team or when acting independently with support from colleagues.
* Have a Defence operator/practitioner background.
* Ex-Military background would be ideal
* Be a member of an appropriate professional body (e.g., APM, PMI) and have a desire for further professional development.
* The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent relevant experience.
Other requirements re role of Project Manager:
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
* Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years' UK residency.
Keywords – Project Manager, Frameworks, Framework Agreements, Defence, Military, Defence, PRINCE2, Agile, APM, PMI, Bids
Project Manager – MOD, Defence , Framework Agreements