Career Level Manager
Senior Project Manager – IT
The company has a fantastic supportive friendly team, they are a committed investor in People and encourage further development both via professional certification and internal promotions.
The project manager will play a key role in agreeing project objectives, planning project activities, evaluating and managing the implementation and monitoring the progress of projects.
The role encompasses key areas to meet the Company’s agreed strategic objectives:
* Project Management: Manage specified project outputs from initiation through to delivery.
* Developing the Business: Update the solution offering and service catalogue to reflect evolving customer needs and technical possibilities
Responsibilities Project Management
* Develop project feasibility and initiation documentation to ensure that projects can be launched in a controlled and scoped manner.
* Manage the delivery of projects, within agreed time and budget, reporting progress and escalating issues appropriately.
* Help with the development of the company’s project management and quality management systems.
* Manage the identification, analysis, reporting and management of project risks.
* Engage closely with the Security, Architecture & Design and Operations Service teams to ensure that activities, risks and dependencies are clearly understood and managed
* Ensure that transition into service is suitably planned and managed.
* Manage the development and maintenance of project and service cost models.
* Developing the Business:
* Support the development of the Company Project Management System, a key contributor to business success.
* The size and agile nature of the Company means that the incumbent will sometimes support other company deliverables as appropriate.
* Capture ‘Lessons Learned’ and ensure these are implemented across all projects.
* Help to implement a project governance process which achieves the objectives of being light touch, while enabling thorough review.
* Support to Sales- While not the primary role of the position, the incumbent should expect to provide regular support to the sales team in areas of expertise.
* APMP /Prince 2 qualified
* ITIL qualifications desirable
Skills and Experience
* 5+ years experience in a PM role
* Demonstrable budget management experience
* Proven track record in delivering IT technology projects
* Experience of managed service environments, with an awareness of ITIL best practice
* Strong presentation skills both verbally and in writing