Career Level Manager
Copello are working with a well-established transportation company to find an R&D Project Manager, to drive forward the product development of ground-breaking technology in the rail industry.
The PM will be expected to lead cross-functional teams to deliver maximum product value to a range of internal and external customers. You will also have a focus on the effective coordination of activities leading to the successful delivery of projects on time and to budget. You will liaise closely with other key roles in the organisation (e.g. programme managers, technical authorities, product line managers, etc.) to ensure the project meets the needs of the business.
Duties will include:
* Managing projects with full responsibility for delivery to cost, quality, schedule and stakeholder satisfaction.
* Creating project schedules and driving R&D projects in cooperation with stakeholders.
* Ensuring adherence to architecture, design, quality guidelines as well as product security and product safety topics.
* Managing compliance to standards, working laws, rules and regulations, intellectual property rights.
* Performing budget and resource planning as well as generation of project agreement for project.
* Aligning project targets with R&D strategy (e.g. product portfolio, technology roadmap).
* Driving a continuous improvement culture including e.g. reuse, cooperation, knowledge management, lessons learned.
* Incorporating customer feedback during project execution
To be considered for this role, you will have:
* Expertise as a Project Manager in a product development environment
* Proven delivery record of multiple projects greater than £1M per year
* Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Hold relevant Project Management accreditations (APM, PMI, Prince2)
* Experience with MS Project
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Experience of working in both Classical and Agile development environments desirable
This is a full time, permanent role based in Ashby but offering remote and flexible working. The package offers a salary of £68 – £75K plus bonus and benefits