Career Level Manager
My client is looking for a School IT technician who is responsible for managing and providing day-to-day support at the school, whilst supporting other members of the team. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting day-to-day IT operations in the absence of the IT operations manager or IT Systems Administrator. They will be responsible for responding to IT support requests in accordance with the helpdesk procedures and priorities and supporting the IT Systems Administrator with 2nd and 3rd line issues as required. The candidate must ensure they deliver a high-quality service to all users in line with the school's service level agreements.
The successful candidate will have a minimum three years IT technician or first and second line support experience. They will ideally possess a recognised academic qualification or experience appropriate to the role. Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience in working within the education sector.
Working in an Education IT roles cover all aspects of IT support requiring a wide range of skills and can involve events support and out of hours work. Any additional hours accrue time in lieu which can be taken at an appropriate time in agreement with the Head of Estates and IT.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Using the IT helpdesk, oversee support to all users resolving issues quickly and efficiently and ensuring that tickets are completed, well communicated, within a timely manner.
• To provide documentation for key responsibilities to enable other members of the department to carry out tasks.
• To prioritise responses and resolutions within the service level agreement.
• To provide support, advice and resolutions to first line technicians.
• To develop and deliver training to first line technicians.
• To be polite, friendly and helpful with all stakeholders.
• To be a confident communicator and member of the team.
• Liaise with external agencies such as broadband, telephony, print and support services where appropriate and monitor usage of remote desktop software.
• Maintain IT systems and servers apply feature updates and upgrades as necessary.
• Apply security updates as soon as is practicable after release.
• Maintain classroom technology and ensure there are adequate consumables in stock.
• Raise fault tickets with the print management company and escort attending engineers as required
• To provide a second line support knowledge, to resolve more complex and larger impact issues.
• Support students with their devices ensuring they are ready for lessons minimising the effect on learning as a priority