Career Level Manager
Senior Job description
SENIOR FULL-STACK WEB DEVELOPER
Salary: £50k + DOE
Our client is looking for an experienced, independent, autonomous, and analytical problem solver to join our team as a full-time Remote Senior Full-stack Developer.
* You'll have at least 5 years' experience using MVC web frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel.
* You should be dynamic and tech-agnostic enough to swap between technologies or projects. You'll be someone who is always striving for continuous professional development.
* You'll take part in all phases of the SDLC: task estimation, development, testing, debugging, pull request QA, collaborative whiteboarding, etc.
* You should be able to see projects through from conception to completion, within the project deadline and to a high standard. The quality of the work we produce for our clients is extremely important to our brand, so a keen eye for detail is essential.
* You'll be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a passion to learn and use new technologies independently or as part of the team. You'll have excellent knowledge of key software design and development principles, and will also undertake any other duties as required.
You’ll be a good fit if you have experience in some of the following skill areas:
* Symfony — if you've used Laravel, CodeIgniter, or another popular MVC framework extensively, please do apply
We chose Symfony as our framework back in 2013/14. In comparison to Symfony's release roadmap, Laravel has quite often had breaking changes between minor versions. It wasn't a viable option for us for longer-term projects.
This decision has paid big dividends for us. We've transitioned full business digital transformation projects from Symfony 2.x to 4.4+ LTS with minimal friction.
We've found that Symfony is more suited to larger, longer-term projects, whilst Laravel is great for kick-starting smaller, shorter-term projects.
* React — if you've used another frontend framework extensively we'll be happy to receive your CV
Since around 2018 we've been transitioning from AngularJS to React. All of our new projects use React where it's applicable.
* MySQL / PostgreSQL
This is fairly seamless in our projects as Symfony uses Doctrine.
* Git — as one of your most used day-to-day tools, you should be comfortable with a feature branch based workflow, pull requests, and rebasing to keep a clean history
About the project
This role focuses on a project that's on a long-term retainer with a UK telecoms construction client — it's a well-established and maintained project of 8+ years. The project is a SaaS-style multi-tenant platform featuring a large-scale Symfony application that leverages Node.js & Socket.io, React.js, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis, and others.
Whether you're looking for a single-project role or a diverse role with many projects and technologies, this project should deliver.
Note, although the project features a wide range of technologies, you don't need to be experienced in all of them to apply for this role — on-the-job learning is an integral part of this role, and the team is here to support you via Slack and through our QA process.
* Symfony 5.4 LTS, PHP 8.1
* React.js, Node.js, Typescript, GraphQL, React Native
* Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, MySQL
* Docker, AWS, Terraform
* PHPStan (level 9), ESLint, Rector
* Native Java Android application (deprecated and phasing out)
* Some legacy AngularJS features (phasing out in favour of React.js rewrites)
What on offer:
* This is a fully remote position (although you must be UK-based)
* As we're remote, the company will be shipping a MacBook to your home address for you to use in your home office
* 25 holiday days plus bank holidays (33 total)
* Annual salary reviews — as the company grows, the tide raises all ships
* Flexible working hours with core hours 10am – 3pm. Able to work 10 hours one day and 6 hours the next for desired flexibility
* You can also contribute to the team's favourite open source projects, or write technical articles for our blog to demonstrate your & the team's expertise
* You can even guest post on our favoured tech platforms' blogs where appropriate/approved.
Wright Staff are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy