Career Level Manager
Our client is a world leading ecommerce marketplace with their headquarters in Brighton and with offices in Brooklyn (NY) and Berlin, they are expanding. As part of this growth they're looking for Senior Software Engineers to join their Product & Engineering team based in Brighton. They are a dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
This is a hybrid position with 2 days per week in their Brighton office with salary going up to £75k.
As a senior software engineer you will be building Python server applications in a service-oriented architecture and deploying them to Kubernetes. These services use a combination of JSON over HTTP and GRPC for communication. The client follows innersource principles for code ownership and contribution.
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company’s mission with a clear vision of what the product should be. They take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. They foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
* Design and implement Python web services in Django and Flask
* Maintain and extend existing Python web services based on new feature requirements and business needs
* Collaborate with Frontend Engineers and Test Automation Engineers to ensure integrations with APIs are correct and complete
* Document your APIs so they can be consumed downstream by the Frontend and Test Automation teams as well as Data Analytics teams
* Provide technical leadership to less experienced team members
* Strong experience building web services with Python or another OOP
* Experience working with ORMs
* Experience managing Git workflows
* Understanding of Relational Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL
* Experience with Docker both building and running images
* Experience working in an Agile / Scrum team
* Comfortable with regularly working outside of your main discipline in order to collaborate across your Scrum team
* A desire to mentor and support others
* The client loves to support their staff and their careers in every way they can.
* 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 4% employer contributory pension scheme and private healthcare from your start date.
* You will also have access to our Employee Awareness Pathway, a cycle to work scheme, weekly deliveries of fresh fruit and Friday afternoon drinks.
* 2 days a week on-site and 3 days remotely.
Our standard working week is 37.5 hours, but we aim to be as accommodating as possible