Career Level Manager
We are currently going through an exciting stage of digitalisation throughout the business and are looking for two Lead Software Developers to support the drive. The key responsibility is hands on software development, offering a diverse range of technologies. You will be part of our growing business and have the ability to define and develop solutions in a service orientated architecture where the Enterprise Architecture is defined and established yet expanding.
You will work closely with the rest of the Application Development Team – and the wider Head Office IT team – to deliver high quality solutions across a varied platform of IT services all of which are underpinned by a Service Oriented Architecture.
We are happy to consider applications from across the UK with remote working available, but due to the nature of our business, you must have right to work in the UK and have been a resident for the last 5 years.
What you know
* Microsoft Technologies (Full Stack)
* Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft.NET and .Net Core development
* Demonstrable knowledge of development patterns and their application
* Demonstrable knowledge of development standards and best practices
* Demonstrable knowledge of SOA practices and REST based services
* Demonstrable knowledge of Javscript, TypeScript and front-end frameworks, libraries and tools such as Angular JS
* TOGAF, Archimate & UML (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and previous experience of the ESRI ArcGIS toolset (Server and Desktop) (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and previous experience of Microsoft Business Intelligence stack and data warehousing concepts (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and previous experience working with Elasticsearch or similar no-sql databases (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and previous experience of person to person workflow technologies (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and previous experience of the IBM Maximo, Microsoft Dynamics Nav and SharePoint 2016+ (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and previous experience of Microsoft Azure and cloud based IT services (Desirable).
What you can do
Highly skilled in development of Software Solutions using .Net Core, ASP.NET, C#, MVC 4/5, .NET framework 4.5+ to also include
Nuget Package Management
Have strong experience of SQL Server including, but not limited to:
* Using SQL Server at the back end of .Net applications
* Writing/tuning database queries and stored procedures
* Database Design, database administration concepts.
* Experience of using Microsoft DevOps or Team Foundation Server
* Experience of developing solutions from a Business Requirements specifications
* Experience of working in accordance with a defined project management process encompassing design, document, develop, test and release (Agile/SCRUM desirable)
* Experience of working with ITIL processes and an ISO 27001 compliant environment
* Accurately assess problems, define and deliver their solution
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
* Must be driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and work well, both as part of a team or on an individual project
* Effective experience of Microsoft Office
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Manage a large and varied workload, taking into account business priorities
* Able and willing to understand and learn new technologies when needed.
* Experience of using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect (Desirable)
* Experience of 2D and 3D rendering technologies e.g. SVG, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL. (Desirable)
This role will require the successful person to gain SC Clearance, you will need to have proven residency in the UK for the last 5 years.
Landmarc is a company enriched with a long partnership with the Ministry of Defence in the UK to ensure their military training estates are safe, effective and sustainable places to train the armed forces.
We directly employ around 1300 skilled and experienced people and active across 120 sites in the UK, covering an area of 190,000 hectares including 45,000 hectares of SSSIs.
Landmarc will provide you with a competitive salary, in addition to this we also offer the following main benefits, amongst many others:
Landmarc offers all employees an opportunity to join the company stakeholder pension scheme, where the company will contribute up to 8% of the employee’s salary.
Employees are entitled to 25 days pro rata during each year of employment plus public holidays. 3 extra discretionary days are normally given in addition to annual leave allowances at Christmas.
Annual leave allowance will increase in recognition of your continued service.
Holiday purchase – purchase up to 10 more days holiday to use throughout the year.
Annual salary review, in consultation with the recognised Trade Unions
Life assurance insured for three times your annual salary, to help the loved ones that are left behind
Reimbursement of professional fees and on-going training
Family friendly policy
The core hours are 37 per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click the apply button now and one of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch shortly, either via email or telephone!
Landmarc are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
Landmarc Support Services are an equal opportunities employer