Career Level Manager
Working with one of the longest established software development companies, providing an end-to-end solution for a wide range of operators in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
They provide a holistic approach to our software management. From our offices in Nottingham and Southampton, our committed team includes analysts, software developers, project & account managers, consultants, trainers, application and technical support staff, hardware and network specialists.
We support customers with their software needs in the UK, Europe, the USA and the Far East. With over 3,000 users actively utilising our market leading products every day of the week.
We are currently recruiting for a Development Manager to lead our development team. The team utilises a mixture of technologies, the team is supported by a wealth of technical & industry experience across the organisation.
Where you would come in:
Lead an established team in the development of our product is what we do! Building on the foundation of an established system, we have many innovations we want to realise via an agile development methodology.
Our ideal candidate:
* Solid team management experience is most important requirement
Broad experience across below skills (other development skills may be transferable):
* Experience of full stack development
* Experience of Angular and/or SignalR
* Experience of COBOL, DIBOL or BASIC an advantage
* Experience of SQL
* Experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio
* Freight Industry experience an advantage but not essential
* Be passionate and care about product/solutions development
* A personable and confident individual to slot into our team
In this role, you will:
* Lead an established team in the development of cutting-edge and intuitive solutions using a variety of technologies
* Pro-actively think “out of the box” to create a unique and best-of-breed product offering
* Identify ways to improve our development approach and methodologies
* Work with Account Managers to understand customer requirements
* Liaise with our quality team for effective testing
What you can expect from client:
* Excellent salary package
* Hybrid working
* The opportunity to join a fantastic work environment with excellent work/life basis
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Private health care
Salary: £60-80k per year dependant on experience
Hours: Hybrid working – 2 days on site per week