Career Level Manager
Overview – Position Purpose
As a Software Engineer, you will be getting involved in the design, development & integration of equipment at the system and sub-system levels. This is a varied role which will expose you to lots of different vehicles and systems.
This is a demanding role, requiring close liaison between Engineering teams and suppliers.
Significant drive and energy, strong software engineering skills, and the ability to deliver a diverse programme to demanding time, target cost and quality requirements are essential attributes to succeed.
The candidate must be a team player who is prepared to work with a multi-site engineering team within RBSL and the customer community. The individual will be required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive balanced system solutions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and implement software solutions which simultaneously fulfil contractual requirements and contribute to cost-effective design.
• Assisting in the validation of any software in systems / equipment, which may include the generation of test schedules, test and integration plans and the writing/investigation of technical reports.
• Provide support to task planning and estimating.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure compliance to interface definitions and requirements.
• Maintain an up to date understanding of technical / engineering developments and apply this knowledge appropriately to the projects in hand.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of development methodology and delivery pipeline.
• Schedule own work to meet target timescales and deliverable milestones.
• Perform self-verification of own tasks to ensure completeness and quality of information.
• Undertake peer reviews to ensure completeness and quality of output.
• Ensure engineering designs address the following:
What Qualifications and Experience You Should Have
• Degree qualified or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject .
• Object oriented C++ development experience with knowledge of design patterns.
• Understanding of UML/SysML.
• Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle.
• Ability to develop new software and maintain legacy products.
• Software verification and testing experience.
• Ability to identify and develop new software capabilities required by the business.
• Good communication skills.
• Agile development experience.
• Experience of using some of the following languages: C, C#, Scripting Languages, Java
• Knowledge of integration and target hardware testing would be advantageous.
• Development with Data Distribution Service (DDS) or other Ethernet based communication.
• Windows/Linux Cross Platform Development.
• Visual Studio 2019/2022.
• Linux system configuration.
• CANbus/MilCAN/J1939 knowledge.
• Git version control.
• Youtrack/Jira issue and task tracking.
• MariaDB/MySQL databases.