Career Level Manager
WELCOME TO ZOO
ZOO Digital are an award-winning cloud software company with offices in Sheffield, London, LA, and Dubai. We help the biggest names in global entertainment to reach audiences everywhere with our high-quality localization and media services, adapting original TV and movie content for different languages, regions, and cultures.
Our Mission: To help our clients share their stories, by adapting the world’s most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy.
Our Clients: Major Hollywood studios and streaming services, like Disney, Netflix, NBC Universal, Paramount, Facebook, Sony, and HBO, among others.
Our Services: Dubbing, subtitling and captioning, audio description, metadata localization, artwork localization and media processing.
ZOO Digital’s state of the art technology services are backed by the award-winning bespoke software created by our ever-growing Research & Development team, ZOO Digital Labs. The team create cutting edge software solutions to supercharge our services and make our customers’ lives easier.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 DOE
Location: Sheffield/hybrid remote working
ZOO Digital have experienced high demand for our services during the pandemic and grown substantially over the last year. Due to further growth in the business, we are currently seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our award-winning Research & Development team. Research & Development work closely with the Product Support Team to create cutting edge software solutions for high profile and industry-leading customers. ZOO’s Research & Development department is thriving – you will work as part of a dynamic, lively team with plenty of opportunities for progression and professional development. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly expanding Research and Development team, helping to provide creative, innovative and quality driven software at what is a very exciting time for ZOO.
As Software QA Engineer, you will collaborate with Software Developers and Product Managers to identify system requirements and provide detailed input into specifications and design. Day to day responsibilities will include;
* Estimate, prioritise, plan and execute testing activities
* Create detailed, easy-to-read test documentation
* Design, develop and execute API tests using open source tools
* Identify, record, document and track bugs throughout testing
* Perform thorough regression testing
* Research new testing tools, technologies and test strategies
* Drive innovation and efficiency
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for bright, hands-on Software QA Engineers who are passionate about technology, pride themselves on their excellent standards, and are keen to work as part of an ever-growing, ever-developing team. The successful candidate will be approachable, with excellent initiative and a proactive approach to work. As well as previous experience in a commercial testing role in Web-based environments, we are looking for Software QA Engineers with the following skills and experience;
* Experience in analysing and providing feedback on UI designs and technical requirements
* Developing test documentation and bug reports
* Creating and maintaining API tests from scratch (Postman etc)
* A full understanding of the project life cycle
* Test planning and execution
* Ability to report to team leads and senior management
* Ability to assess quality of products, highlighting improvements
* Ability to interpret the needs of end users, and helping to design products to meet those needs
Nice to Have
* Experience in creating and implementing test automation from scratch (Python, Cypress etc)
* Experience with performance, load and stress test creation from scratch (K6 etc)
* Knowledge of UI testing frameworks (Selenium, Cypress etc)
* HTML and front-end development knowledge
* Interest in media technologies
* An interest in UI design and UX
WHY CHOOSE ZOO?
Our technology is constantly evolving, so there’s never a dull moment with ZOO! Our team is made up of creatives, innovators, linguists, and collaborators from all corners of the world, and we employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. Along with a competitive salary, we also offer excellent company benefits, which include;
* Flexible working hours – our ZOOTime system helps staff to maintain a healthy work-life balance by offering time back to employees through additional hours/days off work
* “Dev Days” – our R&D team offer 1 day per month for employees to pursue additional learning, such as new software or technology
* Westfield Health & Rewards – private healthcare cover and discount from hundreds of high street retailers
* Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for Business
* Pension scheme
* Free city centre parking
* 25 days holiday
* Free fruit and snacks
* Staff Socials
We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work