Career Level Manager
Software Test Analyst Hull and Remote £30k per annum…
Principal IT are working exclusively with software house based in Hull who are currently looking to grow their development team, they have seen sustained growth over the last 12 months and are now looking to add a test analyst to ensure they are only producing the highest level of software.
This business is looking to grow substantially over the next couple of years and this position will be an integral part of that growth, you will be working on implementing a full test structure and with that will come the opportunity to move upwards in the business.
What you will need to do
• Be comfortable creating testing frameworks, for new or existing products.
• Manage and maintain testing frameworks following their implementation.
• Introduce testing frameworks and tools to ease the testing process, and automate testing
• Contribute to all aspects of scrum meetings, including planning, daily stand-ups, review,
retrospective and story time.
• Work as part of our team, using your skills as an engineer to help us achieve our sprint goals.
• Maintain awareness of testing techniques and best practices within the industry.
• Work with our development team to create automated testing.
• Educate our internal teams and spread knowledge of our adopted testing frameworks.
• Derive test cases from our user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Communicate the outcome of any tests with the wider business ensuring that defects are
highlighted effectively and accurately.
• Perform manual/ad-hoc testing where needed, to test our applications extensively.
• Contribute and lead the strategy towards all aspects of testing, including interface, unit,
regression, integration, functional and non-functional testing.
The type of person required
• A technically minded individual with a passion for software development and quality
• Passionate about creating and maintaining modern and intuitive solutions, designed to
provide genuine benefits to our customers in the real world.
• Positive outlook geared towards solving problems and finding solutions.
• Passionate about learning new skills and enhancing your abilities as an engineer.
• Ambitious and keen to build a career.
• Proud of developing high quality solutions, with an eye for detail.
• A team player – whilst there’s always an element of working without direct supervision, it’s
important to remember that we’re all in this together!
Skills and experience required
• Experienced working as a QA Analyst/Test Engineer/ Application Support Analyst, or a
similar discipline. (1+ years commercial experience)
• Experience working with or knowledge of the Scrum Framework.
• A commitment to deadlines and a desire to ‘fly’ the flag for the customer.
• Bonus points for ISTQB, however for the right candidate we will happily fund your ISTQB
Foundation qualification following successful completion of your probation.
As a Software test analyst you will be offered a basic salary of up to £30k, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays a fantastic working environment and many other corporate benefits.
How to apply
If you are interested in hearing more about this role or would like to apply you can contact Principal IT for more information or by following the link below