Career Level Manager
Job Title: Substation Project Manager
Hours of work: 45 hours per week
Reports To: Various sites across London and the South East
Department: Multi Utility Diversions & Cable & Ducting Operations
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
To oversee multi utility diversions and/or HV/LV infrastructure and cabling projects, as allocated by the senior management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* To oversee Power installation and Substation projects, as allocated by the senior management.
* Oversee site managers, direct crews and subcontractors on site, in their day to day activities, to ensure completion of all works to a high standard and specific specifications, ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
* ite, providing excellent customer service to meet
* Be aware of and promote Reach Active Group Limited Health and Safety policies and risk management.
* Completing and issuing daily, weekly and monthly KPI documentation and Client / project reports.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in the Power Sector is Essential with respect to site management and product and sector experience and site conditions, together with the law within the construction industry would be essential in this role.
Good customer service skills
Excellent people skills
Excellent organisational skills
Team working ability
Health and Safety awareness / knowledge
* Installation of 11kV Switchgear (panel boards and Packaged substations)
* Commissioning of switchgear
* Earth testing
* Jointing appreciation
* Substation access up to and including 132kV
* Understanding of G81 or DNO equivalent
* Substation base installation experience
* Knowledge of DNO equipment
* Experience in managing contract conditions e.g. NEC/JCT ICP Management (Civils and Electrical)
* CSCS Professional Card (White) or Engineering Services Skill Card (Black)
* IT Literate
* First Aid at Work (3 Day Qualification)
* Full UK Driving License
* NRSWA (Supervisor)
* HNC/HND Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering degree or equivalent relevant industry qualification
* City & Guilds Basic Electrical Theory
* Lifting Operations Appointed Person (AP)
* Confined Spaces Appointed Person (AP)
* Confined Space Entry Certification
* Cable Winch Operations Certification.
* Asbestos Awareness.
* Manual Handling
– 25 days holiday
– company vehicle with fuel car or company car/travel allowance
– life insurance
– company sick pay
– company laptop
– company mobile phone
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for Site Management to cover out of
must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary
N.B., It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only