Career Level Manager
Do you enjoy working with computers and helping people? Our client is the UK’s leading provider of specialist EPoS systems to the independent retail sector. Their dominant position in the industry is largely down to their best-in-class support, delivered by the passionate, talented in-house support team.
Scout Recruiting is now recruiting on their behalf for Technical Support Agents to work directly with their customers to educate them on features, diagnose issues and carry out remote remedial work to the software. Day-to-day, they work with Linux (Debian) and MySQL and this is a great opportunity for those with skills or an interest in these areas.
Every member of the support team also receives direct support from their colleagues, supervisors and management, so a problem for you can be solved by all. They are passionate about training and skill development, so an advanced knowledge of these platforms isn’t required from day one.
My client is also an incredibly compassionate employer who believes that flexibility and understanding are fundamental to creating the kind of workplace that their teams want to be part of. Some examples of this are the option for remote working, bank holidays included in addition to 25 days of holiday, bonus schemes, an on-site recreational room and events organised by both the company and the staff.
Ask any member of the team and they’ll tell you how welcoming they are all, and they can’t wait to welcome you and help you grow both professionally and as an individual.
* Understanding the operation of the bespoke software systems
* You will need to learn applications and seek ways to improve the reliability and performance of the systems
* Responsible for the customer support of systems
* Remotely connecting to customer sites to repair problems
* Telephone customers and talk through certain functions, and explain the causes and solutions to the problems
* Knowledge of the Linux operating system and databases would be useful but not as essential as a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
* Professional, in manner and approach
* Excellent communicator
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to multitask
* Strong work ethic, requires high standards of self-discipline
* Flexible and able to work under pressure
* Excellent organisation skills, including time management, prioritizing tasks and self-motivation
* Think creatively and make suggestions
* Excellent IT literacy
* Strong team values
* Hard working and committed
Shortlisting starts immediately and you will need your own transport to be able to get to work due to the location